49

"You got it, babe," Ross says as we begin our walk to our biology exam. "You're absolutely fine, we studied. You have a B in the class too."

I shrug. "I'm stressed," I pout as our hands swing between us.

"It's our last final. As soon as this exam is over then you're stress free with school for a bit," he squeezes my hand.

I nod. "Yeah," I whisper softly.

I give him a small smile as we continue walking to the class. I know I won't be stressed with school, but my days with Ross living here is limited. His last final is today then he has graduation and he moves. I see the building that we have our exam in approaching.

With a quick movement, I pull my hand from Ross' and step in front of him, wrapping my arms around his waist and putting my head into his chest. His arms slowly go around me.

"You alright?" He asks, his arms tightening around me, leaning his head down onto mine.

I nod into his chest. "Yeah, I just really needed this," I say.

Ross' hand goes under my chin, lifting it up so I look at him. "You'll do fine, baby, I promise." He leans down and kisses me softly. If only he knew that it's rooted further than just school work. I kiss him back then he pulls away, checking his watch. "We have three minutes to get to class. You ready or want to stay here for another minute?"

I shake my head, pulling my arms off of him. "No, we can go." He smiles down at me and grabs my hand again to continue our walk.

We run up the stairs to the third floor, my legs burning as we have fifteen seconds to get to class before my professor shuts the door. As Ross sprints inside, I'm close behind just as my professor is approaching the door.

"Lynch, Atkins... very close this time," my professor says as he passes us to the door.

Ross turns to look at me over his shoulder, rolling his eyes then walking to our seats. "You'll do fine, don't overthink or second guess yourself. If I'm done first, I'll wait for you in the hallway," he whispers to me.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to your last day of Biology 121. You will have one and a half hours to complete this exam. It contains 50 multiple choice, 10 fill in the blank and 5 short answers. Good luck, no talking and eyes on your own paper," my professor says, beginning to walk down and hand out the papers.

Once the professor puts down our papers and continues walking, Ross leans over and squeezes my hand, giving me another smile then beginning his exam.

It took Ross 40 minutes to complete the exam. As he went to put the exam up on the table, he mouthed 'don't rush' then dragged his fingertips across the bottom of my back as he walked past me. I turn my attention back and went to the next question.

'What are gametes?' It asks. I almost giggle out loud remembering Ross' dirty comment from a few days ago as I circle the answer.

I finished the exam twenty minutes later. "Thank you, Miss Atkins. Enjoy your summer," my professor says.

I smile. "You too, thanks," and continue out the door to officially finish my junior year.

Ross lifts his head up as soon as the door opens. "Hi, bubs," he says as I walk over to him. "How'd you think you did?" He questions as he stands up.

I shrug. "I think I did pretty well. I had a great teacher," I smile. Ross winks in response. "Yeah, Mr. Ludwig was pretty great."

He laughs. "Okay, Atkins."

"How'd you think you did?" I ask as we begin the walk to the car.

"I'm pretty sure I did great," he cockily replies. "Holy shit, I graduate in two days."