100

I just need to get through these next few weeks then I'm out of here. Once Ross left, he was thrown back into the fast paced life. He was constantly working and we barely were able to talk.

"I'm sorry, baby, I know. I'm trying my best. I'm trying to get so much stuff done so when you graduate, I won't be as stressed. Come to Cali for Halloween?"

Halloween is in 7 days.

I have all of November and a week in December until graduation.

Four weeks left at the bookstore.

Two weeks thereafter to pack so when graduation rolls around, I can get out of here.

Liv already knew my plans to move to LA, but Kayla didn't so I sat them both down and told them. Kayla was mad. Liv tried to calm the situation by saying one of her nursing friends was looking for somewhere to stay so she can move in.

So now Kayla hasn't talked to me. She essentially called me an idiot for wanting to move to LA even though Ross broke up with me for another girl.

I am so focused into my work and school work that I've barely cared about that. We have minimal conversation but I'm not going to try any harder. She doesn't care.

I simply stared at her when she called me an idiot. I tried not to let it hurt me too much. She's always been one to speak her mind even when she shouldn't.

Liv couldn't believe her ears. "What the fuck, Kayla?" She screamed at her.

"I'm just saying! She's moving fucking what eight hours to the coast for what? She has no job there! She has no family or friends there! I just don't get it," Kayla defended her rude statement. "She's fucking us over, Liv."

I laugh. "You really are a bitch, you know that? Why the hell would I want to stay here with you?"

Business has picked up since we are having huge sales on the books. That makes shifts fly by. I haven't worked with Max either. We figured it'd be for the best.

I finished out my shift for the day and clocked out, heading directly home as usual. It's like my days are simply endless repeats. I cycle through the same movements everyday.

I get into my apartment without any interruptions and walk into the silence.

I feel like I'm going mad in here especially when I'm avoiding Kayla at all costs from our previous conversation from yesterday.

I start my homework that's due later and once finished, I submit it then take a shower. I've been trying to do more everyday so I won't have any this weekend. It's all the same everyday.

Usually around 10 is when I can call and talk to Ross depending on his schedule that day. We've only texted the last few days because he's been rehearsing and checking out areas where they'll be playing.

I'm not sure if today will be any different.

I've been writing in my journal still so I keep my head above water. The loneliness consumes me a bit.

I try not to depend on others, but there's only so much I can take. I talk at people at work, I write little notes to my parents when I leave them cash at the mailbox in the post office, I talk to my roommates (mostly Liv) maybe five brief times a week because our schedules are so polar opposite. I talk to my boyfriend's mother's grave sometimes. So many times, it's all one sided.

I was never good at making new friends. I don't really know how to initiate conversation. I get scared. I tense up.

As I'm slowly falling into a sad funk, I see my phone light up on my bed as I tighten my robe around me. My hair wet from the shower.