43

I stare down into the sadness of his eyes. "Well whenever you're ready, I'll be there for you. And I'll be right there beside you everyday leading up to it," I promise as I take his hand into mine.

Ross smiles up at me. "I appreciate you," he replies.

"Now don't peak," I tease, pulling his hands over his eyes. "Wait I need help."

He shakes his head. "Nope. Can't give help now," he replies.

"Can you unzip me, please," I ask nicely. He sits still with his eyes covered.

Ross unzips my dresses and kisses my shoulder like he did earlier. "Why can't I look at you? We were naked with each other earlier."

"I don't know. It was really intimate then and we were kissing. Now I know you'll be staring too much at me and I'll get self conscious," I explain. I turn around and see his curious eyes already staring at me.

He nods. "Okay, I'll close my eyes. I'd never judge you, I already think you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen so there's no reason to be self conscious."

I slide the dress down to my feet and place it on the counter. I follow it with my undergarments. I lean down and kiss his lips quickly. "Thank you," I whisper before stepping into the shower and pulling the curtain in front of me.

"Can I look now?" Ross asks impatiently.

I smile at his whining. "Yes." As I reach for the shampoo, he stays silent. "Tell me about that new band you wanted to show me. What's their name again?"

"Ooh, I found them off Spotify! So they're basically an alternative band-" As Ross trails off about the new band he's talking about, I focus on taking a quick shower so we can go to bed. "Okay, babe?"

I hum. "Yes," I reply as I rinse out the shampoo from my hair.

"Okay," he answers. Moments later, the shower curtain is yanked open and Ross steps inside.

I cover my body out of instincts. "What are you doing?" I hiss.

"I knew you weren't listening so I asked if I can come in with you. You said yes," he smiles and pulls my hands off my body.

I roll my eyes and turn my back to him as I rinse off any suds from my face. His hands wrap around the back of me, his fingers intertwining at my stomach.

"You're going to get conditioner in your mouth," I laugh as he kisses my head. I spin around in his arms and he immediately kisses me.

Ross pushes my back against the wall, his body covering mine completely. "I've never had sex in a shower," he winks, his mouth covering mine again.

I know he's trying to forget all about his mom's passing and will do anything.

"Maybe another time at one of our apartments. Now let's go and wash this crazy mess on your head," I smile, pecking him once more before stepping in front of the water again.

He pouts as I finish my shower then stand in the corner as he makes me scrub his hair. We were in bed fifteen minutes later.

His hands are intertwined as he lays on his back, myself on my side so I can look up at him. "Do you ever think about where people go after they die?" He thinks out loud into the silent room.

I roll over so my head now rests onto his body. "Sometimes. Wherever they go, whatever happens, I just hope it's a nice place with no pain or suffering." I answer very vaguely.

"I hope so too. I don't want my mom to hurt further, ya know? I wish there was a definite answer of what happens," he replies.

I lean up onto my arms to look down into his face. "You're going to make me spiral," I reply.