92

"I'll tell them," Ross replies. He shrugs his shoulders, a frown present on his face. "I think that's the best option."

I bring my knees up to my chest, resting my cheek against my bare leg. "Why was she so mean?" I ask with a soft voice. "It's not like she was close to her or even liked her."

"I know. It was uncalled for, but don't worry about it," he says with his hand moving to my head, his fingers going through my hair.

I close my eyes and sigh. The main door opens and a few moments later, someone appears. "Hey," Rocky says.

"We really don't want to hear anything," Ross says immediately, his hand sliding down to my back again. He doesn't even glance up at him with the quick dismissal.

He laughs and sits down so we make a triangle. "I knew about this from the moment it started. From the night you were in the hospital, I knew it was going to start up again. I'm just surprised it didn't happen earlier especially because you'd never shut up about her."

"Yeah, well Rydel insisted she knew then went off on a full rampage," Ross replies simply, finally locking eyes with the brother he's closest to.

Rocky nods. "I know, she told me about it."

"I'm being forced into a fake relationship with Danielle for publicity for our band and I wasn't allowed to tell anyone," he blurts, his eyes meeting mine then slowly moving to glance at his brother again. "But I told Hayley because I couldn't just dump her because I love her."

Rocky glances between the both of us, confusion and shock written in his eyes and face. "Are you serious? What the fuck? I thought y'all just weren't over each other, fuck. Does Liv know?"

I shake my head. "No, I wasn't allowed to tell anyone either. The only people who knew were Ross, Danielle, myself, managements and publicists."

"Why'd you do it?" Rocky asks, his eyes turning to Ross.

"I didn't have a choice. We could've been dropped from the label."

Rocky shakes his head. "I'm so sorry, I would've never known. When does it all end?"

"Two months."

He looks over at me again. "So, did you guys actually break up or did you talk the entire time?"

I laugh. "We actually broke up."

"Wow... you have to tell everyone. Everyone will be pissed," his brother says.

We decide to head out of the hotel. Ross allowed me to keep my stuff here just in case things didn't settle well. I brushed my teeth and mentally gave myself a pep talk in the mirror.

Ross walks in as I'm about to walk out of the bathroom. "It'll be okay. She won't say shit in the car. I'm not proud to admit it, but I really scared her before when I knocked the chair over and yelled," he says, stepping toward me and placing his hand on the back of my waist.

I nod and sigh loudly. "I'm sorry, I know you wanted to keep this all under wraps until it ended," I reply.

"Some things happen for a good reason. Maybe this is one of them," he says, kissing me once then grabbing my hand and leading me out of the bathroom.

The three of us head into the elevator and it's silent. The walk to the car made me so nervous. Rydel was sitting in the passenger seat so Ross and I got into the back.

"So like... want to grab something fast for breakfast?" Rocky asks as he tries to break the insanely awkward air.

Rydel glances at him then us and looks out the window. "Yeah," Ross replies.