88

"Fuck, I was hoping you wouldn't bring it up." Ross says and I hum in response. "Danielle had me try it at one of her parties. I don't know why I even tried it. I know it's a bad excuse, but I was sad. I just wanted to forget and I loved the euphoric feeling. Everything made me happy when I was high."

I nod. "That makes me sad," I tell him honestly. That's the one thing I strongly am against. I hate anything that really alters your mind. "You only did it once? Or well twice - the night I called you."

"I know. And no, I did it a handful of times. Rydel grilled me about it too about how I would've never done that around you," he says.  "I almost did it a couple days ago. I called you, but you were studying. I had Rocky pick me up, I didn't do it."

He knows how strongly I hate it.

"You wouldn't have done it with me," I reply softly. "So keep giving me more reasons not to like her. I'm glad you didn't do it. Proud of you."

Ross frowns, his shoulders slouching a bit more. "I know."

"Can I ask you something?" I ask, moving closer to him so I can actually look at him better.

We weren't touching but I was sitting criss-cross as he had his legs stretched out with his upper body against the headboard.

He nods. "Anything," he whispers.

"Did you have sex with her?" I ask, my fingers reaching out to touch the string along the comforter.

I thought I would look at him as I asked this to be sure he told me the truth, but I didn't have the guts. I kept my eyes down, afraid of his answer.

His hand reaches out to my thigh, placing it down lightly. "No, I didn't. I promise you. We didn't do anything like that. I didn't even make out with her," he admits. "She's gorgeous, yeah, but I am not at all sexually attracted to her. It's crazy, I am a boy and she's hot. But I don't even want to make out with her. I hardly can handle kissing her."

"Did you have sex with anyone?" I ask, finally lifting my eyes up to look into his.

My heart is pounding so hard against my chest, I'm surprised he can't hear it.

He immediately shakes his head. "No." He inhales deeply before whispering. "I only ever want you. I only ever think about you. I can't get you out of my fucking head, Hayl."

I debated for a moment about what to say back. I simply kept looking between both eyes, not sure how to react or what to do.

I lean forward, my hand going to the back of his head and push my lips against his. His hands go to the small of my back, pulling me against him so I straddle his legs again.

He sighs into the kiss, his other hand moving up my neck to behind my ear. He kisses me several times, but is the one to lean away all too soon.

"I'm sorry, that was really impulsive," I whisper, my hands sliding down his chest.

I go to climb off of his lap when his hands grip at my thigh to halt my actions. "Where are you going?" He asks.

"I hate the way yogurt makes my mouth taste, I'll be right back. I promise," I smile, making the quick strides over to the bathroom.