91

Ross darts his eyes up at me, his eyes widening every second. I don't want to know how this is going to end. We're still standing in the steamy bathroom both only dressed in our towels.

"I told you not tonight," he replies, standing up slowly and walking into the main room.

He throws me my shirt and shorts. I quickly throw my shirt over then drop the towel, sliding on my shorts.

"I just feel so lonely," she whines. "Please, come open the door."

Ross sighs. "My dad will seriously kill me."

He slides his shorts up, searching around for his shirt. I throw it toward him and grab the towels to put into the bathroom again.

"Don't you always keep the backdoor open? Should I just go that way so you don't have to get up?"

I widen my eyes more and search the room for anything else that would tie us to being here. I grab my phone and look at him to signal we're good to go.

He turns off the light. "No, I'm coming down. I just need to pee first. We can talk for a few minutes, but you can't sleepover. My dad will rip me to shreds if I don't ask permission first."

"Fine. I'll be waiting in my car."

Ross hangs up and glances at me with his hand on the knob. "I'm sorry," he apologizes.

I shrug. "You did say she was clingy," I reply.

He slides his hand off the knob and grabs my chin, pushing his lips on mine once more. We make our way across the grass and tip toe inside of the house.

"I'll let you know how it goes in the morning. Go to sleep. Nothing to worry about," he whispers.

I nod. "Okay. Have fun," I whisper back, kissing him quickly.

He smiles at me and watches as I quietly go upstairs into Rydel's room. As soon as I close the door, the front door shuts and I walk over to the bed. Once I lay down, she rolls over.

"Where'd you go?" She asks, very out of it.

Fuck.

"I felt nauseous. Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I reply, rolling over and putting my face into the pillow.

She hums and rolls over as well. Cuddled up with the top of the shirt pressed against my face, I fall asleep shortly after the long mess of the day.

When the door creaks open, I roll over and squint my eyes at the bright surroundings. I groan lightly to myself, covering my eyes.

I am not one of those people who have white curtains that don't block out sun. I like dark.

"What?" Rydel grunts from beside me.

I hear his laugh and I blink several times to look at him. "Let's get breakfast," Ross says, climbing into the queen bed and wiggling himself between us.

"What time is it?" His sister asks, tugging the blanket as she rolls over so her back is to him.

I lift my hand over my eyes to look up at his smiling face. He glances at her then down at me as he replies. "9:56. Wait - now 9:57!"