68

I haven't really been able to talk to Ross much. He's been at rehearsals late for the upcoming show so by the time he's home, I'm long asleep. I take morning classes then usually head to work so I'm constantly away from my phone for the short breaks he does have.

Tomorrow I go to Sleek Chic for the first day of the modeling she wants me to do. I haven't even been able to tell Ross about it because we haven't had time. It makes me sad, but life works that way sometimes.

I wash my face and prepare for bed. I finish my homework and tuck my laptop back onto the desk, making my room more presentable than the days before. I climb into bed and text Ross once.

Hayley: Goodnight, I love you.

I lock my phone again and go to bed.

I wake up the next morning and one of my worst habits is checking my phone as soon as I wake up. I grab my phone to check for my notifications anyway.

Ross: I'm sorry we haven't been able to talk much. Even if we don't talk, you're always on my mind. I can't wait to see you again. I miss you more than you can imagine, my love.

He makes me want to cry because I genuinely miss him. I check to see when it was sent just to see when he's probably going to bed. Sent at 3:12 AM so there was no chance I'd even be somewhat awake to talk to him. I respond.

Hayley: Have a good day today. Hopefully we can talk soon. Miss your voice x

I haven't spoken on the phone with him in four days now. It may not seem like a lot, but it is when that was your normal.

I don't even know the next time I'll be able to see him in person. I'm debating requesting off for a weekend that I don't have a lot of schoolwork to worry about so I can visit him. If he's busy now, I can only imagine how busy he'll be whenever I do get the chance to go.

An hour later, I'm driving to the store completely natural. Kat texted me to tell me not to wear makeup or play with my hair after a shower as someone will be doing both today.

I walk into the store and immediately greeted by Kat. "Hi! I'm so happy today is finally here," she says, running over to hug me.

I hug her back. "I'm so excited."

We spend the next hour working on hair and makeup. I never had anything worked on professionally. It feels weird to have someone curling my hair and someone fixing my makeup at the same time.

"Ready?" Kat asks, fluffing my hair as I stand up.

I'm nervous. I'm very nervous.

I nod. "I'm not really sure what I should be doing honestly."

"I'll help you! Don't worry," she smiles and walks toward the backdrop. "So let's try on these jean shorts and this shirt!" She says, handing me a few pair of the jeans and same shirt.

With a range of different sizes, I head into the dressing room and quickly change. Making sure to not get makeup on the shirt, I successfully put the outfit on and walk out.

"Good? I don't know if you wanted it tighter or looser," I say as I walk out.

Kat claps her hands excitedly. "Absolutely perfect!"

The next hour was spent trying poses with different clothes. She called me a 'natural' but I felt so awkward the whole time. I hardly take pictures of myself in the first place.

"That was fun," I say once she said that we got enough for the day. I walk out of the bright lights and approach her.

She smiles and hands me a bag. "Keep all the outfits for today, it'll help us with the promotion anyway," she winks then walks over to her purse. She pulls out cash and hands it to me. "I absolutely adore you and will text you soon so we can do this again. I'm thinking next time will focus more on accessories since this time we only did clothes!"