39

The next morning, I woke up before Ross, so it allowed me some time to think about what happened the night before. I observed his face with the light shining through my white curtains. His eye is completely bruised and his lip is busted a bit.

I lift my hand up to his face, my hand sweeping along his forehead to move his hair from his eyes. I trace my finger along his bottom lip and this causes Ross to stir. I immediately pull my hand back to not wake him up.

"Don't stop," he whispers with a raspy voice that is still thick with sleep.

I smile and lean my head back down against the pillow and continue my actions with the pad of my finger softly dancing against his skin. Minutes later, Ross abruptly grabs my wrists and flips himself so he's on top of me.

I gasp in surprise. "Fuck," I say loudly, my heart pounding. "You scared me."

"Good morning baby," he says softly before leaning down and pushing his lips onto mine.

I close my eyes as his lips move softly along with mine. "Your lip is definitely busted," I say as he continues trying to kiss me.

"Shh, no talking, more kissing," he whispers.

I roll my eyes then he moves his lips from my cheek back to my mouth. I put my arms around his neck to pull him in closer. His hands move to my waist, slowly slipping underneath the thin t-shirt. His mouth continues with the tender kisses.

I grip his hands, my body pushing myself away from him. "Wait, wait, wait. Stop." I say, panicked. My heart is pounding out of my chest and I feel like I can't breathe.

Ross immediately pulls himself away from me, his body scrambling backwards. "I'm sorry, fuck, I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry," I say, my hand moving to cover my face. "I just had a flashback to being pushed against the car and I'm- I don't know why. Holy shit," I say and jump off the bed.

He nods. "You're okay. I shouldn't have tried pushing anything, I'm sorry."

I shake my head and lean against the wall, my hands pressing flat against the hard surface. I close my eyes and begin counting in my head. My breathing is harsh and shallow as if I can't catch my breath properly.

"I'm fine," I whisper to myself.

"I want to help you, but I don't want to touch you. Tell me what to do," Ross softly says as if trying his hardest to not scare me.

I open my eyes as I breath in through my nose and out of my mouth. "Come here."

His face is full of panic and confusion which only makes me feel guilty for my random outburst. He pushes himself off the bed and walks the few steps over to me.

I slide myself down the wall so I'm sitting. Ross immediately joins me, his eyes wide. My breathing has calmed a lot thankfully. I crawl into his lap, my arms going around his neck. I can tell he's hesitant, but he slowly puts his arms around my waist.

"You're safe with me," he whispers softly into my ear.

I nod. "I know."

—2 MONTHS LATER—

It was a normal April day as I'm sitting through my last class of the day. As I'm sitting with my legs crossed and my hand moving vigorously to copy the notes off the projector, my phone begins vibrating in my lap.

I was supposed to meet up with Ross in an hour, why is he calling me?

I ignore the call and text him. I'm still in class babe. You okay?