53

"You're so pretty," Ross murmurs as the water drips down my face as we both stand in the shower.

I smile and move toward him, wrapping my arms around him to lean my head on his chest, his hand dragging down my back. I know he will be on his drive to California in less than twelve hours so I hold him extra tonight.

I lean up and peck his lips quickly. "Can we get tacos from our spot?" I ask, leaning my chin on his chest so I can look into his eyes.

He nods. "Absolutely," he responds, kissing me again once more.

"Mm, yay," I say excitedly.

Ross turns off the water and reaches out to grab a towel. He wraps it around me then kisses the top of my head before putting another one around himself.

He digs through a box, pulling out various pieces of clothes. "Oh, I don't want to make you upset at all, but I put all of your clothes into a box. It's all the clothes from your drawer here," he quietly says, picking up a box and walking over to me.

"Thank you," I put my hands onto the box, lifting it up out of his hands. "I'm actually going to throw on some of these clothes," I say while holding my towel to my body and trying to carry this box to his bed. It fumbles out of my hand and I sigh as it crashes to the floor.

Ross walks over, his towel still adorned to his hips. He reaches down and picks it up, putting it onto the bed. I mumble another thank you and walk over to dig through the clothes. Thankfully, I didn't have to dig far as most of the essentials were on top.

I change quickly then go to put both of the towels up to dry. "Ready?" He asks, dressed in his usual attire of black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt.

I nod. "Yes. I can drive because you'll be driving all tomorrow," I smile and hold up my keys.

Ross smiles and kisses me quickly. "You're the best," he replies, walking over to the front door.

Twenty minutes later, we were at our favorite taco joint in town. "Do you want to invite Chance or anyone? When was the last time you saw them?" I ask as I pull into a parking spot.

"I like them, but I'd rather spend time with you," he responds.

I smile, squeezing our intertwined hands. "I'm perfectly fine with that," I reply before stepping out of the car.

He walks around to the other side of the car, his arm going tightly around my waist. We sit down and order our food when the waitress visits.

Halfway through the meal, Ross glances up and his eyes immediately lock above my head. "Hayl," he says softly, his eyes moving to look at me.

"What? Who is here?" I ask, immediately resisting the urge to turn around and look at where his eye contact was being held.

His hand slides across the table. "It's your ex, but everything is fine," he replies.

"Do you think he'll come over here? Since... you know, you went apeshit and went to his work?" I question, glaring up into his eyes.

Ross returns the look right back, looking extremely unamused. "No, I don't think he'll come over here," he mumbles. "I just didn't want you to be taken by surprise if you saw him."

I roll my eyes. "I'm fine. Where is he?" I gossip to my boyfriend like a girl in high school.

His eyes drift around the restaurant. "He's sitting in the far corner," he replies. "Near the door," he adds.

I nod. "Great, so when we finish our meal in about ten minutes, we will absolutely pass him?"

Ross nods, giving me a fake smile. "Yep." He eats another part of his taco. "I don't think he'll say anything, I'm not afraid of him in the slightest."