66

After a treacherous 15 hour drive, we finally get home. We all kept switching because nobody wanted to drive. It's already one in the morning by the time we get back.

We bid our good nights and head into our separate rooms. Looking at my bag, I decide tomorrow before work that I'll do laundry and sort it then.

I decide to text Ross to tell him we made it home.

Hayley: Just got home. If you want to talk, I'll be getting ready for bed xx

As I'm brushing my teeth, I see a call come up. He's half-awake.

"You didn't have to call if you were sleeping," I say softly as I place the toothbrush onto the counter.

He shakes his head, his voice deep and throaty already. "I wanted to see you. How was your drive?"

"It wasn't horrible, but it was really long. I preferred the drive there because I had something to look forward to," I say as I change into pajamas.

Ross covers his eyes, a quiet laugh escaping his mouth. "Don't tease me like that," he whispers.

"Sorry," I smile into the camera and throw a shirt on.

He rolls over so he's laying on his stomach, his head buried into a pillow. "I miss you already."

"Are you just saying that because I showed you my boobs while changing?" I ask, teasing.

I turn off the light and climb into bed. "Maybe," he smiles at me.

I miss him so much already. I hate how much I miss him.

"Well I miss you too," I reply, the sleepiness already taking over. "And I love you."

I'm already struggling to keep my eyes open, the traveling draining all energy from me. "I love you more," he replies.

I hum in response and allow the phone to slip out of my hands as I let sleep take over.

The next morning I woke up to our FaceTime still running. I see his fingers across the screen as well as his ceiling. His soft breathing is the only noise coming through the screen. I smile and hang up then take time to scroll through social media.

Once my laundry is in, I sit down in the living room. I have work today from 4-9 PM as I close. I need to finish laundry then run to campus so I can get my books and supplies for classes tomorrow.

I shove my breakfast down my throat, switching my laundry over from the washer to dryer. I shower then get ready for the day, deciding to actually do my makeup for once. I have enough time to so I might as well.

I have to get back to that woman who wants me to model for her shop. I'm still suspicious, but I might as well check it out.

I decide to write her a quick email and express my interest now.

After I go to school and get my books, I head straight to work. As soon as I clock in and walk into the store, Max walks over and hugs me. "I was going fucking batshit in this place. How was your little vacation? What'd you do? Please talk to me, talking to Mike kinda sucks." He rants.

"It was good! I missed my boyfriend so much at that point, it was pathetic. I needed it for sure. I got drugged the first night so that was fun! Umm. We went to the beach then got stuck in the rain there. We went to some bars and the Queen Mary ship! It was actually a lot of fun," I say, my hands already reaching out to organize books.

Max furrows his eyebrows. "Wait. You got drugged?"

I nod, acting completely casual. "Yeah! Some guy at the bar kept asking me to dance and just slipped something in when I wasn't looking. I managed to get backstage before falling and not getting up. I don't remember the night itself, I remember only the pieces Ross and his family told me."