37

Ross' Point of View

"I will. I love you. You call me if you need me too," I say as I stare at my beautiful girlfriend.

Hayley leans over and grabs my cheeks to kiss me. My hand automatically goes into her hair as I kiss her back. All too soon, we pull away and I smile before leaving her apartment.

As soon as I'm entering my car, the anger unleashes. I turn up the radio as I blast music to drown out my thoughts as I make my way back to Chance's house.

As soon as I walk inside, the boys stop talking and all glance over at me. "You alright? Is Hayley okay?" Chance asks.

I shake my head. "No. Her stupid fucking ex-boyfriend that we saw at the sushi restaurant months ago grabbed her today and kissed her. Told her that he still loved her and was harassing her essentially." I rant. I'm so mad that you can see the smoke from my ears.

I didn't want to act this mad in front of her. I wanted her to feel safe and okay with me. I never want to scare her.

Rocky's eyes widen. "What the fuck?" He questions.

"I'm going to kill him," I mutter as I sit on the couch. "I'm going to his restaurant or something. I need to speak with him. He touched her! He touched her without her consent and shoved himself on her. Fuck!" I slam my hand down onto the arm rest.

Rocky nods. "Fuck it, let's go."

I wasn't sure if they'd encourage me or insist on me not to go. I'll take their word. Before we drive all the way to Denver, I should make sure he's actually there before I waste my time.

I hear the ringing of my phone echoing in my ear. "Sushi Den, how can I help you?" A young woman answers.

I clear my voice then speak. "Hi! I was there a few days ago and I left something at the table. My waiter, David, said he would hold onto it until I was able to grab it. Is he working tonight so I can swing by and get it?"

She hums. "I think so. One second, I'll check for you!" I get put on hold for a moment then she comes back on. "Yes, we are only open for another hour though."

"Thanks," I say before quickly hanging up the phone. I turn to the boys. "He's there, let's go."

My heart is racing with adrenaline. Ellington shoved two shots of Grey Goose Vodka at me right before getting in the car so the liquor is beginning to course through my blood and it encourages my actions to come. With Rocky driving, I was bouncing in the passenger seat.

I see the restaurant come into view. I don't want to walk in there and cause a scene, but I remember he came out of the kitchen door to smoke while we were here. As I comforted Hayley from her panic attack, he walked out there and made it worse. So that exit was in view when we parked the car.

"Do you want us to follow you?" Chance asks.

I shake my head. "No. I don't want you to all get in trouble if something happens. I got it."

A few minutes went by and as I'm scrolling through my social media, Ellington talks. "Yo, is that him?"

I quickly look up and notice David smoking a cigarette right outside the door. I don't think twice before getting out and shoving my phone in my pocket as I walked right up to him.

As I approached him, he turns around and faces me. My first reaction was to extend my arms out and shove him. "You fucking touched her," I screamed. "Who do you think you are?"

"Woah, woah, woah, man. Who are you talking about?" He asks, throwing his cigarette to the ground.

"Hayley," I reply as I walk closer to him.

David shakes his head. "She asked for it. Sorry."

I shove him again and watch as he stumbles over his feet. I take this opportunity to grab him by the shirt and pull him to me. "Touch her, talk to her, fucking look at her one more time and I will fucking kill you." I say sternly.

I wasn't expecting his fist to fly up and hit me directly in the eye though.

I stumble back before rushing toward him and tackling him to the ground. I got three solid hits in before I feel arms grab me and yank me backwards.

"Fuck off, blondie. I'm not afraid of you," Dave yells, spitting at the ground.

As Rocky throws open the car door and forces me inside, I'm panting. "What the fuck, dude?" I yell as soon as he gets in.

"You're going to get arrested! You got your hits in, you're fine." My brother answers.

As Chance begins to drive, I pull down my mirror. My eye is completely swollen and is already beginning to bruise. "My eye is going to be black and blue." I groan, leaning my head back against the headrest.

"I have ice back at the place. Are you okay now? Got your anger out?" Chance questions.

I shake my head. "It felt good to finally punch him, but no. I'm still aggravated." I reply.

"Worth it?" Ellington wonders.

I nod in response. I feel my phone vibrating inside of my pocket so I'm quick to pull it out. Hayley.

I mutter, "fuck" and mentally prepare myself to whatever she has to say.

"Hey babe," she says as soon as I answer the phone.

I lean my head toward the window, the icy temperature from the glass feels nice on my burning hot face. "Hi Hayls," I reply. "What's up?"

"I don't know how it took me so long to realize, but you left your wallet at my apartment." She says. "I don't like you driving without your license."

I groan into the phone. "Shit. Okay, um." I hum.

"I can drop it off or you can come here. And possibly sleepover if you aren't busy," she says the last sentence with a higher pitch.

I turn to look at Chance. "Any chance you can drop me off at Hayley's? I left my wallet and she doesn't want me driving without it."

Hayley says, "Hang out longer! I can come pick you up later."

"Yeah, of course," Chance replies.

"He'll drop me off now. I'll be there soon," I say.

I can sense the smile on her face. "Okay. I'll see you soon, babe." Then hangs up.

Ellington laughs from the backseat. "What are you going to do with your black eye?" He questions.