44

"Are you sure?" I question, my hand stopping the movements in his hair.

Ross nods. "Yeah, if you don't want to go... I'll just call Chance or my brothers." He looks into my eyes. "I want you to come though."

I sigh and continue moving my hand. "Can we at least watch a movie and relax first then we can go?" I ask, trying to compromise a bit.

He smiles up at me and nods then lays his head back down onto my chest. My body is exhausted from the running around the past few days so I just want to lay here.

I unintentionally fell asleep and woke up to the movie had ended. Ross was texting and surprisingly, was very patient until I woke up and didn't wake me up himself.

"You were out for two hours," he comments, quickly glancing over at me then back at his phone.

I shrug, rubbing my eyes with my fingers. "I was tired and couldn't help it. I'm sorry. What have you been doing?"

"Solidifying plans for tonight," he replies, his head still laying on my chest as if he didn't move for the two hours either.

I nod. "What are the plans?" I further question since he hasn't given me any information.

Ross moves to stand up, stretching as soon as he steps off the couch. I stand up alongside him and twist my body since I haven't moved in three hours and my body is stiff.

"We are going to Denver in two hours. I figured you'd be waking up soon then we can grab dinner and go to some club. Is that alright?"

I nod and begin walking to his bedroom. "Yep," I reply as I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth. "Who'd you invite?"

"Chance, he's bringing Kayla, Ellington, Liv, Rocky, um... I think that's it? I don't know if anyone else is joining them," he answers.

I nod and walk out of the bathroom once I'm finished. "I'm going to have to run back to my place. I don't have any appropriate club clothes here."

I see panic flash in his eyes quickly. "Um. Okay. When are you going to go?" He answers, his eyes staring at me.

I walk over to him and grab hold of his two hands with mine. "How about you get ready and I'll do my makeup and fix my hair so as soon as we are done, we can head back to my place so I can change then we can get dinner?" I ask.

"Yeah, sounds great," Ross answers with a small smile on his face - relief evident in his soft eyes.

I smile and go back to the bathroom to do my makeup for a second time today. I wasn't expecting to go out tonight so I washed off my makeup earlier.

Within the first few minutes of me doing my makeup, Ross walks through the door. "Hi," I smile at him again.

"Hi, I'm going to shower real quick if you don't mind," he says as he pulls his towel out from the closet.

I nod. "Of course, I'll just be here finishing my makeup." Moments later, he was inside of the shower, humming along to the music he put through his speaker. I closed the door to the bathroom door so the warm air stays in here from the steamy shower. I guess Ross took that as a sign that I left so he begins to sing a little louder. The first time I've ever heard him sing.

I smile to myself as his warm voice is only slightly louder than the drops of water. As the song changes, I accidentally knock my makeup bag into the sink. He pulls back the curtain quickly and sticks his head out. "I thought there was a ghost, I thought you left. Holy shit," he says.

I place my makeup bag normally onto the counter then walk over to the shower. "I heard you," I say softly.

"Heard me?"