78

I felt nauseous as soon as I closed the door, locking it behind Ross' footsteps echoing quieter in the hallway. The first thing I do is go to my phone, my hands shaking.

I quickly slide it open and press hard on the apps, the x's popping up on the corner of them. I hesitate greatly before deleting Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook.

I can't see that picture.

I decide to just turn off my phone entirely, sliding it into my side dresser drawer. Then I do what any normal, sad person does. I go right back into bed. I close my eyes and hope that I finally wake up from this dream.

A light knocking brings me back to my senses. As much as I can pray and hope that it'll be Ross changing his mind when they open the door, I know it won't be.

"Come in," I say in such a soft tone.

The door opens slowly and Liv's blonde hair immediately lets me know it's her. "Hey," she says. "Can I come cuddle?"

I nod and scoot myself back into my bed more, allowing room for her to join. "Please," I whisper. I'm not going to crack.

She immediately climbs into the bed. "I know this is a dumb question... are you okay?"

I shake my head, my hair spread out along my pillow as I stare up at the ceiling. "No," I admit.

"What happened?"

I shrug, my fingers reaching out to touch the blanket. "He called me crying last night that that girl kissed him. Next thing I know, he flew here. And basically broke up with me," I say.

That's probably the best story to go with.

She nods. "What an asshole. I'm so sorry, Hayley."

I inhale deeply, my fingers now gripping the blanket as I try to conceal my tears. "Yeah... an asshole. I just feel so nauseous and it only happened a few hours ago."

Her phone begins to ring and it takes me back hours ago while Ross and I kissed. She immediately pulls it out of her pocket to see Rocky's name. "I'm sorry, I'll just ignore it."

I shake my head. "You can answer," I insist.

She looks at me with uncertainty then slides over the FaceTime button. "Hi, baby," he sings into the phone.

"Hey... I'm with Hayley right now," she says immediately, warning him who she is around.

Liv pans her phone over to me. "Hey, Hayley," he says with a nice tone.

I smile with no teeth. "Hi, Rocky."

"What are you girls doing?" He asks.

Liv laughs. "Your brother didn't tell you that he broke up with Hayley? Yikes." I exhale and you can tell my body is shaking. It takes her back to reality. "Fuck, I shouldn't have said that like that. I'm sorry."

I shake my head. "It's the truth," I shrug.

Rocky is staring at the screen, blinking rapidly. "What? No, I didn't know that. I'm- I'm sorry."

"Hmm. Well, I'm going to spend some time with Hayley. So I'll call you back later?"

He nods. But I butt in instead of his reply. "It's okay. I kind of feel like closing my eyes until I have work at 5," I say.

"I understand. I'll be right in my room if you need me," she says, squeezing onto my arm then heading out of my room.

I sigh and roll over, pulling the blanket over my shoulder as I moved. All too soon, my phone alarm goes off reminding me that I have to leave in 10 minutes. I don't want to leave my bed.