56

Hayley's Point of View —

I'm laughing as I'm closing up the bookstore. Only people here were Max, Mike and myself. It was a great shift since it wasn't too busy and we mostly talked. Mike's counting the money in the back as Max sweeps.

"So you like working here?" I question as I pull the door closed and lock it.

Max nods. "Yeah, I'll work here a little more now that classes are over."

I nod. "What year are you?" I ask, pushing the cart to the back.

"I'll be a junior at the college," he replies. I nod in response. "You?"

"I'll be a senior," I inform him and click off all of the lights.

I pull out my phone to see a bunch of texts. It's 10 PM now so I wonder how Ross is doing. I click open his texts.

Ross: (1) I don't even have any words besides I'm so in love you. (2) I truly don't know what I did to deserve you. (3) I contemplated turning this car around and coming back to you, but as soon as I said something along those lines, my dad yelled at me :/ back to driving now!

I smile and begin texting him back.

Hayley: hi babe, I'm leaving work now. Can't wait to hear about the drive later x

Max raises his eyebrows as I push my phone back into my pocket. "Why are you so smiley?" He questions.

"My boyfriend was being cute," I shrug and turn off the lights, walking back to the exit. "Are you single?"

He replies from behind me. "Unfortunately," he says.

"All good?" I ask Mike once I peer into the office.

My manager nods. "Yep. Have a good night."

As I walk out to my car, I feel my phone vibrating. I pull it out to see a FaceTime coming in from Ross. I answer it quickly. "Hi baby," he says as soon as he sees me.

I smile at his cute face. "Hi babe." I reply and pull my keys out to unlock my car. I turn to Max. "Enjoy the rest of your night," I say as I go to climb in.

"You too, Hayley," he replies as he walks to his car.

Once I sit into the seat, I turn my attention back to Ross. "How was your drive?" I ask.

He rolls onto his back in what looks like a bed. "It was long and boring. I listened to some podcasts and music. I did a lot of thinking too," he says. My phone connects to the BlueTooth so I prop my phone up near my stick shift and begin driving.

"What'd you think about?" I entertain for a bit.

He hums. "I thought about moving, music, umm and you, of course."

"What about me?" I smile down at the camera as I wait at a red light.

Ross smiles. "How much I love you, how I almost cried at your text, how much I love you and how I already miss you. Oh and how I want to go back and just kiss all over your face," he says. "And how much I love you."

"I love you so much, babe." I reply. I feel like we have said those words so many times today.

He smiles. "You really didn't have to go to her grave," he says, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth.

"I knew you would've appreciated it. It was nice, I just sat there and talked. It kinda really helped me," I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

I pull into my apartment complex and grab my bag then head upstairs. "I'm glad. It almost made me cry and Rydel was so happy when I showed her. I made her cry earlier so I felt bad."