Imagine for Angelica!

“Niall, please just let me help you,” You practically begged as you stood with your eyes tightly closed. “Today would not be a good day to burn the house down,” You added, and Niall laughed. You were standing in a corner of the kitchen, with your eyes closed because that’s what Niall wanted you to do. He told you that you could be in the kitchen with him if you really wanted to, but you’d have to keep your eyes closed the whole time. He said he was baking something for you and he didn’t want you to know what he was making until it was done.

“I’m not going to burn the house down,” Niall said before quietly cursing under his breath. This was only the second time you’d ever left Niall to his own devices in the kitchen, and you were quite nervous about it. The first time was when he made pasta for you on your two-year anniversary as a couple.

You bit your lip and tapped your foot on the floor, trying to find something to distract you. You didn’t want to leave Niall alone, just in case something did go wrong, but you also didn’t really want to be in there, since you didn’t have permission to open your eyes. You heard a shriek and then the faucet was turned on, and you immediately questioned, “What? What happened? Are you okay? Niall?”

You heard Niall sigh before turning the faucet off. “Yeah, I’m fine. Just burned my finger a little, but I’m okay. That oven is really hot!” He closed the oven door and clapped his hands together. He was proud of himself for making it this far without any major issues. He was wearing your apron, so he untied it from around his waist and neck and threw it over a chair before crossing the kitchen to you. He brushed his nose against yours, startling you since you weren’t expecting him to be there. He giggled and said, “Okay, your surprise is in the oven so it’s safe for you to open your eyes.”

As soon as the words left his mouth, your eyes flew open to observe the damage. You were expecting to see a mess, but really the kitchen looked fairly okay. There were some ingredients and bowls and such scattered around in places you hadn’t left them, but nothing too serious. You smiled at Niall. “Good job,” You said, rewarding him with a kiss.

Roughly two hours later, you were sitting at the table with your eyes closed again. Niall was humming and occasionally stealing a glance in your direction to make sure that you weren’t peeking. He was finishing your surprise and you were patiently waiting, while swinging your legs. Whatever he’d made gave off a sweet aroma that filled the entire house, and you inhaled the scent, trying to identify what it was. Niall beamed as he stepped back to admire his work. It turned out exactly the way he wanted it to, and he was dying to see your reaction. He carefully lifted your surprise into his arms and set it down on the table in front of you, so that it was facing you. He was nervous, but he didn’t want to show it, so he held onto his smile. He leaned in and said, “Open.”

You blinked your eyes open and gasped as soon as you saw it. In front of you, was a large rectangular cake with purple frosting and in white icing, the words ‘Marry me?’ were written across the cake. In the center of the cake, underneath the words, a ring was waiting for you. Your hands flew to your mouth and you were speechless. Your breath caught in your throat and you felt yourself tearing up. Niall hovered over you, nervously awaiting your answer. No doubt, you wanted to marry Niall, but you couldn’t find your voice long enough to tell him that.

You looked up at Niall and nodded, hoping he’d understand. You sniffled and wiped at your eyes and Niall pecked your lips. “So, that’s a ‘yes’?” He whispered.

You nodded again and he laughed, leaning over you to pluck the ring from the cake. The ring slid on your finger perfectly, and it was stunning on you. You sucked in a sharp breath and composed yourself long enough to say, “I wasn’t expecting that at all. But, I mean, of course I’ll marry you, Niall.”

“I was hoping you’d say that,” Niall told you, before quickly swiping his finger across the side of the cake to collect some frosting. Without warning, he used the frosting to paint a heart on the side of your face, and then he licked the remaining frosting from his finger. You took some frosting for yourself and did the same to the side of Niall’s face.

**Hope you like it!**