A Frozen Moment

For a moment, a frozen moment, his eyes caught sight of you. And frozen is the best way to describe the scene. Nothing around him moved, and his whole body stood still, his eyes locking on you. At first, he could hardly believe it was real. He’d waited so long to even hear your name again, and here you were standing right before him. He ripped the earpiece from his ear, and soon he found himself taking long and echoing steps toward you. His pace quickened the closer he got to you.

His four band mates stopped too, interested in the reality that was unrolling in front of them. They, too, were aware of how much he’d missed you, for they had been up with him all those nights that he was sobbing, screaming your name. They had spent countless hours soothing him of his nightmares, promising him that everything would one day be okay. And Niall himself was starting to believe that this was that day, as he stopped moving directly in front of you.

His hands reached out to touch you, though they couldn’t quite reach, and he let out a deep breath. “I-Is that you?” He managed, still thinking that maybe he was dreaming. Lucky for him, this was no dream. You’d finally convinced yourself that Niall was truly worth it, and you got out of bed, bought a plane ticket, and flew out to his show that night. It was amazing to you that he was still putting on shows every night, when you knew that he was a complete mess inside of his head. Nothing was right for him, yet he still went on with performing as if nothing had even changed. He hid very well behind those pretty blue eyes.

You blinked your tears away, and a delighted smile filled your features. You opened your mouth to speak, but quickly discovered that your voice wasn’t quite ready yet. Instead, you nodded in response, your hands trembling as you moved them to wipe the tears from your eyes.

You were stood only inches from him, backstage. He was due to be on stage in only a matter of minutes, but that didn’t bother either of you. In fact, Niall didn’t even think of it. You clapped your hands together, and laughed once, from the pure happiness that fell over you. In that moment, you wondered why on earth you’d waited this long to see him.

“I don’t even know what to say,” He smiled, opening his arms for you to fall in to. “You-you came back, princess.” The way he said it seemed as if he still couldn’t believe it. He still couldn’t swallow the lovely fact that his love had come back for him, just when he needed her most.

You found yourself running to his arms, and he stumbled slightly from the impact of you crashing into him. He held you tightly, fearful of letting you go again. Resting his chin on your head, he rubbed your back with his hands while he hummed.

“That is absolutely beautiful,” Liam mumbled, referring to the sight of you and Niall. The others either nodded or hummed in agreement.

“I’m so sorry, Niall,” You croaked, finding your voice. “I’m so, so sorry.”

“No,” He mumbled, memorizing the feeling of having you in his arms again. He pulled away, only to hold your hands in his, and look into your eyes. “No, don’t you dare apologize. You haven’t a thing to be sorry for.”

“Niall,” A voice interrupted, earning Niall’s attention for only a second. “Show time in five, lover boy.”

You smiled, as did Niall, and with a simple nod, he turned back to you. He placed one hand behind your head, and the other remained safely in your hand. His eyes scanned your face.

“Listen,” You said, licking over your own dry lips. “I want you to go out there and absolutely smash it tonight. Make this show the best one yet. And I’ll be waiting back here for you, the whole time.”

He nodded, accepting your request, before leaning his forehead against yours. “Promise?” He whispered, as his fingers traced your jaw.

“I promise,” You whispered back, lightly pecking his lips.

**So this wasn’t requested, I just came up with this idea by myself. I’m very pleased with the way this turned out, actually! Hope you all liked it, as well!**