Chapter 44

Shay POV

Taylor and some of the other guys had a meet up later today so we were all in the living room hanging out and playing just dance. Tomorrow is August 11, my birthday. I'm actually really excited I finally turn 17. Aaron, G, JJ, and Matt were dancing to Lollipop from pitch perfect (above). We were all singing the lyrics at the top of our lungs and the door bell rang.
"Pizzas here!" I yelled over the screaming boys. I ran to the door and opened it. I payed the pizza guy and took all five boxes to the kitchen.
"If you want it come get it!" I yelled. Aaron paused the game and ran over to get pizza, the others followed. We all grabbed a couple slices and went back to the living room.
"Let's do a horror movie marathon." Taylor suggested
"Okay what movies?" I asked
"Let's start off not super scary then work our way up. How about, Occulous, The Shining, The Ring, Rings, and last but certainly not least, It." Taylor said
"Sounds good to me." Hayes said. He always loved horror movies. So do I but I hate It. That is the one movie that I absolutely hate.
"Cool." Matt said. We all agreed on the movie choices and started the marathon.

*After Marathon*

It was three in the morning when there was a thunder storm. We were in the middle of watching It when one of our big Willow trees kept hitting the sliding door. Every time it hit I would jump. I fell asleep on Hayes's shoulder. I felt myself being lifted off the couch and carried up the stairs. I was laid down on my best and I felt the bed dip next to me, Hayes carried me all the way upstairs.
"I love you, princess." He whispered playing with my hair
"I love you too." I replied quietly. He took me in his warm embrace and we both fell asleep to the rain hitting the roof.

*Next Morning*

I woke up and Hayes was gone. I got out of bed and did all my normal morning stuff. I went downstairs to find all the guys crowded the island in the kitchen.
"Heyy guys." I said skipping to the counter.
"Hey Shay." They replied
"What you up to?" I asked
"Nothing." They all said at the same time.
"Okay where's Hayes?" I asked
"He left." Nash said
"WHAT? Why did he leave. And without saying goodbye." I said trying not to cry
"He just went to get groceries. He didn't leave, leave." Cam said
"K cool. What's for breakfast?" I asked
"You mean lunch? It's 1:45." Taylor said
"Oh shit, did I really sleep in that late?" I asked
"Yeah our marathon didn't end until like 4:30." Carter said
"Got it. I'm just gonna go now." I said. I walked up the stairs to my room. No happy birthday yet. Weird, Taylor always makes birthday pancakes for breakfast because he can't bake a cake. Whatever.

*6 hours later* (did anyone use the SpongeBob voice in that? No just me okay.)

"SHAY GET DOWN HERE HAYES IS HURT!!" I heard someone I think it was Nash yell. My mind immediately went to the worst. I bolted out of my room and down the stairs to find all the lights off.
"Guys where's Hayes?" I asked
"SURPRISE!!" They all yelled.
"SWEET JESUS IN THE MORNING!" I yelled
"Happy birthday Shay." Hayes said giving me a big hug.
"Um thanks. I honestly thought you guys forgot." I laughed
"How could we forget such an amazing persons birthday." Cam said giving me a side hug.
"I don't know." I said
"I didn't think pancakes would cut it this year so I made you, uh well the bakery made you your favorite cake!" Taylor said
"Did you get the bakery to make a chocolate lava cake for me?" I asked with disbelief.
"What's this?" Nash asked pointing to the cake.
"OMG it is! Taylor you are the best big brother ever!" I said giving a big bear hug.
"Okay cake time." Taylor said leading me over to the cake. The candles were shaped as the numbers 1 and 7. Cam lit the candles and I blew them out.
"What did you wish for?" Aaron asked
"I didn't wish for anything." I said
"Why not?" Matt asked
"Because I already have everything I could ever wish for. The best big brother in the world. The most amazing friends I could ever ask for. And one of the most caring and loving boyfriends ever. And I love all of you guys no matter what." I said
"Aww. We love you too." They said. We group hugged and then we broke and ate cake.
"Present time!" Hayes said picking me up over his shoulder.
"You didn't have to get me presents." I said as Hayes set me down on the couch.
"Open mine first." Matt said. I opened the present and it was a photo album of me, him, Jo and some of the other guys.
"Thanks Matt that's really cool." I said
"This one's from me." Carter said. I opened the very neat wrapping paper and it was a Kylie Jenner lip kit and a shot glass from Las Vegas.
"Carter thank you but what is this for?" I asked
"I was thinking we should do the Kylie Jenner lip challenge together." He said
"Okay cool, thanks." I said. I opened a couple more presents from the other guys.
"This one's from Shawn and Jo." JJ said handing me a fairly large box. I opened it and it was a brand new lacrosse stick and some new gear.
"Oh this is so sick." I said pulling my lacrosse stick from the box. It was blue, green, and white. It had my name on the shaft of the stick in big bold letters. I opened the one from Taylor next. It was a set of car keys and a CD labeled 'Shays Favorite Mix'
"What's the keys for Tay?" I asked
"Go look in the driveway." He said. I ran out the door and looked in the driveway. Sitting there was a black herse. You know the ones they use to carry caskets.
"Taylor. What the f*ck is this?" I asked irritated
"It's your sweet new ride. Check this out you've got a lot of storage space." He said
"Where's my Jeep? I want it back." I demanded
"This is your new Jeep." He said
"No I'm not driving that thing in public." I said. I heard a car revving it's engine and I got really jealous because I wouldn't be able to do that in my stupid herse. That I guess is now mine.
"Bring her around boys!" Taylor yelled. There was a cherry red, ragtop Chevy Camaro.
"Sweet ride Carter where'd you get it?" I asked
"Taylor bought it." He said
"For you." Nash added
"Wait really?" I asked
"Yeah, do you really think I would give you a herse for your 17th birthday?" He asked
"Well with you I kinda did." I said laughing. The last box was from Hayes. It wasn't particularly big but that doesn't matter. I opened the wrapping to find a small blue velvet box. I opened the box to see a heart shaped locket with an engraving on the back side. It said.
I'll always love you. You gave me everything just by seeing you smile and holding you in my arms.
Love,
Hayes
"Oh my God Hayes." I said wrapping my arms around his torso.
"This is the best birthday present I've ever gotten." I said letting a few tears escape my eyes.
"Look on the inside. There's more." He said. I looked inside and there was a picture of the first time we met at the airport for the first Magcon tour. And on the other side was a picture that we took about two weeks ago when I found out he was here.
"Thank you Hayes and everyone else." I said turning to them
"You're welcome Shay." They said
"And Taylor I'm still wondering what did you do with my Jeep?" I asked
"It's in a better place now. It's on display at the Jeep dealership downtown." He said
"Okay, what now?" I asked
"That is for us to know and for you to find out about later." Taylor said smirking

A/N
Over 1400 words that's a long one. Kind of a filler chapter. More to come. It would mean a lot of you checked out my other book My Neighbor, My Best Friend, My Bully. Thank you for all the reads and votes. Keep reading and voting!
K bye
~Shay