Chapter 40

Shay POV

Taylor and Cam have been really secretive lately. I don't know why, but on the bright side my birthday is in two weeks. August 11 okay maybe not quite two weeks but 12 more days and I will be 17. Maybe that's why they're being so quiet.
"Hey guys." I said skipping to the kitchen
"What's up Shay?" Taylor asked
"Nothing much, just wondering why you and Cam are being so quiet around me?" I said trying to get him to say something about it.
"We are not being secretive and second why would you suspect anything. Maybe we just don't want you to hear our dirty jokes." Cam said shrugging his shoulders.
"Fine if they were dirty jokes then tell them to me." I said sitting down on the counter.
"You wouldn't get them." Taylor said
"I'm sure I will, I spent six months on tour with a bunch of immature boys who would say stuff like 'I wanna be the freeway to your entrance.' or 'let me be the taco to your bell.' And laughing when someone said something that wasn't even remotely dirty." I said mentally laughing at all the memories of making dirty jokes out of every business sign.
"You have a valid point but I don't remember any of them." Cam said putting his forefinger to his chin.
"Fine be that way, but I know something's up." I said walking back up to my room. I watched some vines and YouTube videos when I heard a knock from downstairs. I ran down to see who it was.
"Oh my God, Nashty what are you doing here?" I asked shoving Cam out of the way to give him a hug.
"Well I came to see Cam and your brother." He said
"And you didn't want to see me?" I asked
"Nope, not at all." He joked ruffling my hair
"Okay, then where's Hayes?" I asked
"He had football but he really wanted to come. He said he'd skip just for you, but Mom said no. I guess what mom says goes." He finished. I felt my heart sink to the floor. I missed Hayes so much.
"Hey Tay I'm gonna walk to the park." I said
"Okay be back in like thirty minutes okay. Nashty's making dinner for us." He said. I grabbed my phone and a light jacket because it's windy.
"Bye Tay." I said opening the door
"No goodbye for me or Cam?" Nash said
"Bye Cam, bye Nash." I said walking out the door. I got to the park and sat on the swings.
He doesn't love me, those kisses meant nothing. He probably didn't want to come because he's with someone way better than me. I knew I was never good enough. This is why I don't get into any relationships. Ugh I hate this.
I thought to myself as warm tears streamed down my cheeks. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I assumed it was Taylor or Cam so I opened my phone and it was a text from Hayes.

H- Hayes S- Shay

H- Why are you crying?
S- How do you know I'm crying?
H- Nash
S- How would Nash know he's at home with Cam and Tay
H- Fine you caught me look up
I glanced up from my phone to see no one, no one around me either I was the only one in the park
S- There is no one here
H- Look all the way up
I looked up at the tree that was hanging over the swings
S- There is a tree and that's all I see
H- Climb the tree. Don't ask questions just do it.
S- Okay
I climbed up the tree to find a big pale orange envalope sitting on a branch.

A/N
What's in the envalope? You may never know... Until the next chapter. Kind of a filler but more interesting stuff coming.
K bye
~Shay