Chapter 38

Jo POV

Finally Friday. It's go time the score was tied in the last quarter with two minutes to go. Our coach had us do one of our best trick plays. We won the game 6 to 5 against Nebraska's top team. Shawn got to perform at halftime with Austin.
"This song is dedicated to one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. Jo Espinosa can you come out here please." Shawn said into the mic. Shawn sang Believe for me.
*After Game*
Shawn dropped me off at the Jack's house.
"You did amazing." I said
"So were you. The way you just won the game, man I'm impressed." He said grabbing your hand leading you up the stairs to the front door.
"I'm going to miss you." He said leaning into me.
"I'll miss you too." I said leaning my forehead on his.
"I bet I'll miss you more." He said tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ear.
"Not possible Mendes." I said jokingly. He leaned in closer until the space between us was gone. He moved in closer. Our faces were millimeters apart.
"I love you." He said placing one hand on my neck and the other held my hand.
"I love you too." I said leaning in even closer. Our lips were almost touching when the door opened.
"Oh sorry guys..." Gilinski he said going back inside and slamming the door behind him.
"What's with him?" Shawn asked pulling away
"I thought I told you?" I asked
"Told me what?" He asked
"The Madison thing. You know?" I asked
"Oh that thing, right but why is he so mad?" He said
"Because he has a thing for me and I don't have a thing for him back." I explained
"Makes sense anyone would have a thing for you." He said pushing me back against the wall.
"Well I know I mean who could resist me?" I said cockily
"I know I can't." He said then crashed his lips into mine. I felt sparks and I'm sure he did too. His tongue swiped my bottom lip asking for entrance, but I declined. It seemed it lasted for hours, but we pulled apart.
"I better get going, I have a plane to catch tomorrow." He said looking down at our intertwined hands.
"Okay. I love you." I said
"I love you too." He said letting go of my hands and walking down the steps of the porch. I waved to him and he waved back.