Chapter Thirteen

*At Hospital*

Hayes POV

We were still at the hospital when we went into Jo's room to find her and Aaron kissing. Okay I definitely did not see that coming. I thought it was going to be Jo and Gilinski but I guess not. Shay kept taking pictures of them through the window on the door.
"Why do you keep taking pictures?" I asked
"Because I want to show these at their wedding. Ya know I could give a speech on how they first met and then I can show these to embarrass the hell out them both." She explained. God I wish Taylor wasn't so overprotective. We were already best friends but I want to be more than that. That's when Taylor comes in and has to ruin it for me. Damnit Taylor!
"Wow I didn't know you felt that way." Shay said. Wait what did she just read my mind.
"No I didn't read your mind and you talk out loud when your deep in thought." She said
"I'm sorry I really need to stop doing that." I said starting to blush
"Don't worry it's fine and between you and me I think it's cute." She said with a half smile.
"So do you want to go get some ice cream with me later?" I asked
"Sure just a second let me do something first." She said walking into Jo's room.
"Hey guys me and Hayes are gonna go don't have too much fun in here." She said starting to laugh at the last part.
"Come on let's go" she said grabbing my hand and dragging me out the door to her car (above). She insisted on driving because she just got it. But we were headed out of town.
"Where are we going" I asked
"It's a surprise." She said
"Come on please?"I asked giving her puppy dog eyes
"Okay I'll give you a hint, it's not in this town it's in the next place about 30 miles NW of here." She said giving me the 'your never gonna guess' look. I got out my phone and looked on Google maps.
"That's Daytona Beach why are we going there?" I asked
"Damnit that's cheating. I'm not telling you why we are going there no matter how hard those eyes are to resist." She said with a smirk. Why is she so freaking cute should I ask her out? Wait what about Taylor? My thoughts were interrupted by Shay laughing.
"Oh my God what is so funny seriously?" I asked
"You, you were talking out loud again and you know don't worry about Taylor we'll just us act normal around him." She said grabbing my hand. She was so quiet at first now she is the one making the first move. She turned the radio on and Can't Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis came on. She rapped and sang the whole thing.
"How long have been able to rap like that?" I asked
"A while maybe like two years." She responded.
"Have you ever done like choir or something?" I asked
"Yeah I've done choir since the fourth grade and Im a junior." She said blushing a little.
"How are you a junior you just got your license?" I asked with disbelief.
"Well first off I skipped kindergarten then third grade because I was too smart even in the advanced classes." She explained
"Wow you are really smart aren't you. Just wondering what classes are you most advanced in?" I asked curiously
"There are two actually which is English and Chemistry, Math can be a bit slow for me but I do get it. I was actually on the phone with the principle of our school when we first got here and he said if I take three of the most advanced English, Science, and Math classes I can skip my senior year and get to college early. But he said they are college final exams so I have no idea what I'm going to do." She said
"That's amazing I think you should do it, you absolutely have the brains to do it." I said trying to encourage her.
"I don't know I don't want it to end up like last year" she said with a frown.

A/N
Jeez that one was long af but you know it was worth it
Do you ship #shayes or #jaaron what do you think leave comments and suggestions. Keep reading! And what do you think happened last year?
K bye
~Shay