Chapter 31: Restoration of Peace

Cheska POV

"Honey!", I weakly shouted as I tried to catch David as he was now falling down from the skies that were now being cleared of dark clouds.

I managed to catch him on time and saw that he's unconscious. "Honey! Please hang in there! I will heal you with my flames."

I put my hands on his body and coated him with fires. I was crying because I am still so worried about him. The others soon joined us and looked at him. Mina joined me on healing him. The warriors put Ranseim's body beside David and were currently unconscious by suffering from Bahamut. Yuki were crying as she were giving her all to revive him together with some priestess of the Light Realm.

The people were not yet rejoicing on our victory over the war as David might just not be able to make it and I am scared.

"Honey.. wake up already..", I said as sweat came out of my whole face.

"Oniichan..", said Mina who were getting sleepy. She also exhausted most of her powers.

"Why dont you kiss him, Cheska?", said Mom and giggled with Ms. Shana. I blushed and looked at his lips. I closed my eyes and kissed him tenderly.

David POV

I felt my senses gradually coming back and I felt someone kissing me. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Cheska. She was surprised and were embarassed.

"Hi, Cheska.", I smiled and I saw Yuki who were hugging me.

"Oniichan.. its finally over.", she said as she fell asleep on my body. I sat up and let her sleep on my lap.

Everyone shouted joyfully, knowing that we had won the war. Cheska were crying.

"You stupid, stupid, stupid!", she said as she hugged me. "Dont you ever risk your life again and dont you ever say something like you are leaving me."

I tapped her back, "I won't. Im sorry, honey." I wiped her tears and looked around the people who were rejoicing. All allies were smiling and laughing with joy.

Then I saw Ranseim and Yuki beside us. We were all shocked to see Yuki kissing Ranseim and he also woke up like me.

"Yuki?", he said and sat. Yuki hugged him and cried.

"Ranseim, Lucia's beloved son. I am glad you're just safe. Thank God.", cried Yuki.

Ranseim blushed furiously, "Umm. Thank you so much for saving my life, Yuki."

I laughed at his flustered face as he touched his lips. "What the heck are you laughing, David?"

"Are you falling in love with Yuki?", I teased and his face turned red.

"I-It's not like th-that!", he said. "Its just that its my first kiss and I didnt expect it here of all places.."

Yuki wiped her tears and smiled at him, "Nice to meet you, Ranseim. Your departed Mother entrusted me to take care of you ad I just realized when I kissed you, you are such a good man who turned back from evil ways. You made me realize that it is never too late to change for the better. That's why.. I wanted you to stay with me from now on.", then she kissed him again.

Me and Cheska sniggered and Ranseim shouted at us with embarrassment. Yuki just giggled and eventually he smiled with us.

He hugged Yuki, "Thank you so much."

Then we all stood up to see the Archangels smiling at us. I carried Mina on my back.

"That was a very unexpected battle from both of you, David and Ranseim. I am so moved at your heroic actions.", said Metraton.

"Thank you for believing at us, Lord Metraton.", I smiled at him.

"Go now and take your rest with your families.", said Michael. "We Archangels will settle and restore everything here on Earth."

I activated my dark wings but I couldnt move them. I suddenly felt dizzy and my wings went back.

"Your body has reached its limit, honey.", Cheska said as she catched me.

"Looks like it.", I sighed.

Dad grabbed Mina out of my back. Then Mom smiled at me.

"Mom? Dont tell me that you'll carry me?", I asked.

"What do you expect? Besides, I would like to carry my little boy!", she laughed and embarassed me in front of the warriors.

"David, we'll see each other soon.", smiled Ranseim.

"I'll be with him from now on, David and Cheska.", smiled Yuki.

"Ranseim, take care of Yuki okay?", Cheska requested.

He smiled and gave us a thumbs up, "Leave her to me. I'll take care of her well. Finally, after so many years of loneliness, I finally get to be with someone. I am so happy."

"And I am happy to be able to be with you. Hee hee.", blushed Yuki and they teleported to the Light Realm.

"My, my.", said Master Sorata. "My boy sure was happy to finally be with someone. David and Cheska, thank you so much for giving him a chance to change for the better."

"Its okay, sir.", I said. "Please look after the two of them."

"I will. See you later, kiddos.", he smiled and teleported.

Then, finally. My officers and our parents smiled at us.

"You made us all proud, son.", smiled Mom. "I never imagine you would get this far."

"As your parents, we are so happy to the core of our hearts. Congratulations, King David and Queen Cheska.", said Dad.

"I would not have been able to do anything without all of you by my side.", I cried out again. "You made me realize that I am not alone on my battles and I should also have faith on my comrades. Thank you so much, all of you, especially for loving me and accepting me with all you have."

"Lord David.", said all my seven shadow officers as they bowed. "We are forever willing to be with you until death."

"Good work out there, guys.", I smiled. "Tell your comrades that I am so grateful for all their help. We shall all go feast tonight for the celebration of our victory!"

They all shouted in joy and forget about formality. As of this moment, we are all cheering not as war allied but friends to the death.

"Then, let's all go home now.", said Mr. Jiro who were full of bloodstains together with Ms. Kazumi.

"Yeah. Hehehe. We could use some bath.", Ms. Kazumi said as she made us realize that we are so beat up.

I looked at my torn clothes and sighed, "I really look cool on this outfit. Too bad."

Cheska smiled and laughed at me.

"What gives?", I said.

"Hahahaha. Dont worry, honey. I can still sew that later for you.", she smiled.

"Are we all ready?", said Mom as she activated her wings. We all nodded and teleported to the Shadow realm.

Then, as we flew towards the castle, Cheska and the others were laughing at how awkward Mom was carrying me. She even intentionally made her pacing slow and giggled at my embarrassment.

"This isn't funny at all!", I said they laughed even more. Even the citizens who heard me below were smiling. I just closed my eyed and covered my face with shame.

"Awww. My cute little boy is getting embarassed hee hee.", teased Mom as we finally landed on the palace grounds.

I smiled at all of them. Family, friends, allies, citizens and Cheska.

Its all finally over. We can all live our lives without being burdened by the weight of the world on our shoulders. Peace on all realms is finally restored. All the war, all the pain.. is over.