Chapter 22: Return of the Dark Blade

Yuki POV

Its been nighttime already, but our fear hasn't went down a bit. It even got worse, as we were worried about everyone outside. Cheska woke up and stood with her sword.

"So they plan to hostage my dad and the whole school to gain their tribute huh? Not if I can help it."

What she said shocked all of us.

"What are you saying all of the sudden, Cheska? We just received a message that we should not go out especially since the deadliest mercenary of the Divine Light Order was with them!", cried Sakura.

"Who cares?", leered Cheska. "I can wipe his face on the floor if I wanted to. If it wasn't for my plans..."

At that moment, I sensed that Cheska was hiding something from us. David also told me that she can be so mysterious sometimes.

"Wait, did you just say Divine Light Order?", I asked Sakura and everyone looked at me. "David told me about his arch nemesis, Ryo. Also known as the Light Blade of Divine Light. David told me that this person is extremely powerful in the ninja world and no one can overpower him except.."

"The Dark Blade of the Shadow Light Order?", asked Cheska. "If I remember correctly, its David himself."

I nodded, "Yeah. He told me about exacting his revenge on the guy no matter what because he killed the very first friend that accepted him."

"I see.", said Cheska as she sat down again beside me. "He sure have told you a lot of stories huh? Please tell us more."

"Of course. I went to his house on weekend and we ended up telling stories with Mina. Going back, he told me that he was almost killed himself after his friend, a girl, was slayed in front of him. He was saved by Master Yukihiro, and ever since then he swore he will get stronger, so that someday he will be able to protect his friends. Thats the reason he became a ninja, and his will made him one of the strongest ninja in history."

Everyone were silent for a while.

"Then, there's a chance that I might have some info about David when I ask him myself!", said Cheska.

"But you cant do that!", shouted Sakura. "Why are you so hot-headed?"

"We're discovered, anyway.", said Cheska as we heard shouts upstairs on the tile. "We cant stay here anymore. I'll ambush them before they have the chance."

All of us trembled again in fear. If Cheska were killed, we're doomed as well.

Cheska shouted and ran upstairs. We looked at what happened, but we didnt expect Ryo himself to be waiting outside!

We all rushed outside to see what happened to her. And we saw her pointing her sword on a man wearing white hood, leather uniform, and a mask.

"How intriguing. This is the daughter of the president, correct?", he lazily asked one of the terrorist who were pointing his rifle on all of us.

"Yes sir."

"Then, capture her. It will ensure our success if we held her captive. The president wont hesitate if his daughter is in danger would he?" And Ryo together with his men laughed loudly.

"Not a chance!", shouted Cheska as she quickly slashed Ryo. We all thought the attack landed, but we are all surprised when Ryo pulled one of his swords on his back and lazily block her attack.

Cheska kept on performing sword skills but all of them were blocked by a single hand!

"What the?", cried Cheska as Ryo grunted and performed a very powerful blow that snapped Cheska's sword in halves!