Chapter 4: The Harbinger of Death

David POV

"Cheska? Honey? Where are you?", I said when I woke up at 7:00 PM and Cheska wasnt beside me. Its evening already?

I jumped out of bed and looked at the kitchen. "There you are, honey."

Cheska was already cooking dinner for us. "Oh honey! You're awake. Dinner's almost ready."

"Dont scare me like that.", I said.

Cheska worriedly went and hugged me, "Why do you look sad?"

"Because I couldnt find you when I woke up, honey. I thought you leaved me alone."

"Oh, honey. Thats very sweet of you. Dont you worry, your girlfriend will never go anywhere far away from you. I promise that. So dont be sad anymore okay?"

I sat on the chair of the table, watching her cook again while humming a song.

"I.. had a nightmare, honey. It was about you."

"Really? Tell me about it, honey.", she said with concerned eyes.

"We are on the class room. Everything suddenly turned into deep red and Yuki destroyed everything and killed everyone since all of us couldnt move except flame hazes like you. You and Yuki fought and.. and.."

I cried and cried. Cheska sat beside me and hugged me.

"Yuki killed you in front of me. Like you have said, her eyes were entirely black. She wields a scythe as a weapon. I couldnt do anything to protect you!", I hugged Cheska more tighter. "Honey it scared me so much! Yuki kept on slicing you like a pig and I couldnt force myself to wake up! I was shouting and forced myself to move on that dream and I couldnt. I just watched you die right in front of me and it pains me a lot!"

I kept on crying and Cheska cried silently and kept on hugging me for me to calm down.

"Cheska.. I couldnt even get to say that I love you when you died. Your dead eyes stared at me and my brain couldnt take it anymore. Yuki were laughing darkly. When she proceeded to slice me, I woke up and immediately search for you around. I was so scared to think it was true. I never would want you to leave my life.."

Cheska wiped my tears with her hands, made me look into her kind smile, and said, "Honey? Im still alive. You hear me? I will never leave your side. I promised you that. From now on I will always be with you until you wake up. Is that okay? Cheska will never ever leave you alone again."

I nodded. She hugged me again and I felt warm and comfortable.

"Thank you, honey. I truly love you.", I said with a smile.

~~~~~~~

Tomorrow came fast and its time for school again. Im glad that the nightmare didnt have to come again. But I bring with me all the ninja weapons I will need.

I will protect Cheska with my life.

Mr. Natsume rode us to the school and the students came stampeding towards us.

"W-w-whats going on!?", panicked Cheska.

"Stay behind me.", I said and the girls came screaming and with the boys, shouting about the fact that we are official lovers now.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!", they all shouted with a banner. I and Cheska thanked them kindly and we proceeded to the classroom.

"So now there is a fan club for the two of us?", Cheska giggled.

"Looks like it. Just like with celebrity couples.", because everywhere we go, students were screaming at the top of their lungs. "I honestly dont know if I can handle this. I really hate being crowded."