Chapter 5: The Start of Everything

David POV

"Finally.", said Cheska and collapsed.

"Cheska!", I flew as fast as my lightning and catched her. "Cheska, wake up! Please!"

"Im fine, honey. Im just battered out."

My family flew beside me. Mina went in front of us.

"Let me heal onee-chan with the holy flame entrusted to me, onii-chan.", she said. She glowed with her flames and coated Cheska with white flames. Seconds later, Cheska was back to normal and was able to fly by herself.

"Oh Mina! Thank you so much!", she said and they both giggled when they cuddled.

"David, you have transformed into the Dark Lightning Ninja, huh?", said Dad with a proud smile. "You did the elemental conversion so well. I couldnt do that in my time."

Mom hugged me, "Oh David. We're so worried about you and Cheska. We sensed a very powerful distortion here on school so we rushed here to help you out."

"Thanks, Mom and Dad.", I smiled. "If you didnt came, Cheska and I would have been ashes by now. I never knew both of you are so powerful as to blast those demons on a single combo attack."

"Onii-chan, Yuki has implanted a very deadly curse on Cheska-nee's body, but I successfully quarantined it with the holy flame.", Mina said and hovered to heal me with her flames.

"Cheska, are you okay now?", I asked worriedly.

She smiled, "Of course, honey. No need to worry. That curse was merely to drain me of my powers. If Mina wasnt here, im probably dead by now."

"Thank you, Mina. Me and your sister will cook you your favorite ramen tonight.", I said and Mina shouted in joy.

"Mom, can you scan Cheska's body in case of hidden viruses?", I said.

"Alright. Cheska dear, hold still for a moment.", She said. "Holy Eye of Judgment! Eliminate every single piece of darkness on her body!"

An eye in a form of flames passed through Cheska. "Its okay, David. Mina's flames had cleaned her body better before me."

"Humph!", pouted Mina. "Onii-chan wouldnt believe that I am a powerful healer of flame hazes!"

"Thats right.", said Dad. "Mina is also known as the Divine Flame of Healing. No darkness has ever succeeded to bring the flames of God himself to failure."

"Looks like you're so worried of Cheska, huh? Or the one also known as The Flaming-Haired Blazing-Eyed Hunter", giggled Mom. Cheska blushed and held my hand.

"Anyway, lets get everything back to normal.", said Mom. "Dear, lets do it."

She and Dad put their hands above them and showered magical beams that restored the school back to normal. Cheska said to me that once a Flame Haze sealing spell was casted, time of the world itself is stopped only Flame Hazes can move inside as well as those who are aware of it, and all of the existence within its radius can be returned to normal. It is vital for the world's balance...

So this is my parent's formidable job. I stared at them with extreme admiration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So classes resumed like nothing has ever happened. But still, I was thinking how Yuki could ever be the Denizen Queen. Just how? Even my parents said that they didnt sensed any dark energy from her since they saw her. They suspect that a malevolent spirit took over her body. They explained that a depressed person is the most vulnerable to be possessed by evil creatures.

Cheska believes that it was truly Yuki who we fought earlier. Yuki tried to kill her as her last resort when she was almost defeated, which means it was her personal grudge against her.

Hmm..

If she were to be possessed by a malevolent spirit, maybe I could save her by doing the same thing that I did to Cheska months ago. By performing a sealing technique that cleanses the soul of malevolent spirits.

I told them all about my theory but my parents said that they will also think about it but only later. They also said that they wont be able to live inside the mansion as the evil denizens will swarm all over the place and perform an ambush, knowing that the most powerful flame hazes and ninja were on the same location. Its like killing five birds using one stone.

"David.. David!", said Cheska that made me come back to reality.

"Why?", I asked.

"Its lunch time. Lets go and eat with our friends!", she smiled. A smile indicating that we should worry about that later.

I nodded and we all went to the rooftop to eat. There are other students here too.

"Ah, its like a year when we get to eat like this.", said Yushiko cheerfully.

"Aw come on! Dont be to exaggerated.", said Sakura as she gave him his bento box.

Ayumi gave Kyosuke his bento box too..

I looked at Cheska and she only bring her own bento.

"Sorry, honey. I forgot!"

It hurts me so much. I sadly stood. "Its ok. I'll go buy something to eat at the canteen. You guys eat here."

"Honey!", Cheska called but I was too hurt to turn back. I cant believe she forgot that, of all the things.

Cheska POV

Sakura and Ayumi teased me for forgetting about my boyfriend's lunch box.

"Cheska, you forgot to bring him a lunch box now that he's your boyfriend and also living with you?", asked Sakura.

I slowly ate my food and felt bad for him..

"If I were him, I would be really disappointed. Im glad Ayumi never forgets to bring me one.", said Kyoske proudly.

Ayumi giggled, "Why would I? I love you, you idiot."

I stopped eating my lunch and packed it.

"Cheska, you're not eating?"

"I feel bad about David. I'll go and see him at the canteen.", I said and hurriedly went there.

~~

I was panting really bad when I finally saw my boyfriend eating alone at a table on the canteen.

"Honey!", I said as I approached him. "Honey why did you-"

I was shocked to see tears on his face while he was eating. His eyes were staring at nothing.

I sat in front of him and finished my lunch box. When he was finished, he just stood and went away like he didnt noticed me.

"Honey! Why are you being like that for a simple bento box?", I almost shouted at him while we walked.

He stared at me blankly, "Yeah. A simple bento box."

I almost cried at the spot. This is the first time we ever had an argument and fight.

Im so sorry..