Chapter 7: Resolve

Yuki POV

"Yuki, your desire is to be with the Shadow Ninja, is it?", asked Lucia. "Or rather, his true title, the Dark Lightning Ninja of the Heavens, David Lee?"

"So what of it?", I shouted bitterly. "He doesnt love me at all!"

Lucia cracked from laughter inside of me, "So it is. What if we form a contract?"

"A contract from a demon!? I dont think so!"

"Yuki, my dear girl. I can give you your deepest desires!", she said. "If you collaborate well with us for the invasion, I shall control David Lee's spirit and give him completely to you."

I was shocked at what she said. "R-really?"

"Yes, my dear vessel.", she chuckled. "I am a goddess. I can do everything I want. Just like controlling your heart, I can change his feelings for you."

I started blushing and cried.

"I know you want it, Yuki.", Lucia tormented. "You desire his everything. You cant have him change his feeling for the Flame-haired blazing-eyed hunter, Francheska. Both of them have grown too much fond of each other. But, Yuki, there is still a chance to steal him away from her!"

I grabbed my blanket to wipe my tears with it.

"If you just help us bring down the Flame of Heaven and the Snake of the Festival, along with the entire army of flame hazes like Francheska, we could rule over the world! And plus, you get to live with your beloved man. What more could you want? You'll have everything!"

"I cant trust your words! You're just using your contract to use me!", I replied angrily.

She tutted, "Oh you poor girl. Making a contract with a demon is also sacred like those of a god. I shall give you what you desire, Yuki. I am a goddess, and I can give you to him. You'll be with him. Forever and ever."

Thats right.. I want David to love me more than anything. I want to be with him.

"Yuki, you have absolutely nothing to lose.", Lucia continued. "You are actually so lucky to receive this blessing from me. I am a goddess who brings death and destruction, but I am also the goddess who grants the wish of my vessel as a token of gratitude for its service. All you have to do.. is to be obedient and cooperate with us for our impending invasion on the mortal world. After we have succeed, I shall leave you and David on a separate paradise, and both of you can live blissfully while me, Satan, and Lucifer along with the demons and denizens of hell to rule over the world!"

Imagining it makes my heart desire for him even more.

"What happens if we made a contract and you betrayed me?", I asked.

"Once a demon or even a god breaks a holy contract, the violator will die and vanish despite of immortalities. Thats why you can be reassured that your blissful price will be all yours at the end of the day if you cooperate with us."

"Alright, Lucia the Goddess of Destruction and the Harbinger of Death, I accept and agree to the terms of our contract.", I said and we both smiled and laughed.

=============

  David POV

The day started like it always did. Classes started again.

"Today we'll be discussing about the history and the making of Tokyo.", Mr. Hideyoshi said. It was already 8:00 and most of the students were snoozing off and some were already sleeping. History classes are always boring  and when combined with a boring teacher, sleeping is inevitable even for me. Only Cheska is the one keeping up. I smiled as I watched her beside me jotting down some notes. She noticed me and she frowned.

"Honey! Why are you daydreaming like that again? Focus on the class!", I laughed softly. There she goes, nagging me again.

Its already been half a week since I started living with her. She was a strict teacher at everything. She also drags me at the library at vacant periods for some heavy lectures. Our friends were teasing me good luck now that she's my girlfriend.

At lunch times, I am so glad that she never forgets my beloved lunch box again. She makes sure that it was tasty, but she only gives that when I studied well enough. I like it though, like it was some sort of a reward for studying well.

But whenever I look at the empty seat of Yuki, sadness had always succeeded on taking over. She must have sold her soul to the Goddess of Destruction, Lucia. Thats the conclusion from my parents and from Cheska as well. But I can never forget what I heard from her when I was dreaming at the van three days ago. She wants me to save her.

Regarding my powers as the Dark Lightning Ninja, I have been secretly sneaking from Cheska at night and trains my lightning bolt powers and honed them. I also managed to sync my new powers to my ninja skills. Now, I dont necessarilly need a sword in battle. I can freely manipulate both the powers of
black thunder and black flames. I cant use the black flames like my Dad, but I have added a skill of it on my arsenal, known as the dark inferno style. I have learned that those flames are inextinguishable and it will burn everything and scorch it even if the target is flame itself. As for my black thunderbolts, it packs so much explosive powers. But I have also changed its form.

I can summon the Dark Lightning Dragon two times now, call thunders from the skies, and even produce my own thunder bolts at my hands, known as the Lightning style. It is my main source of power. I have also gained adeptness at aerial maneuvers.

I have kept it all a secret from Cheska, but I dont know if thats the case. She's too unpredictable like every ninja. Who knows, she could be training in secret too, just to impress me.

The reason why I want to become more and more stronger is just for three things; to be able to fight at full strength, to save Yuki from the darkness, and to protect my family and friends, especially my beloved Cheska.

I will save you, Yuki. And I will protect you, Cheska. I promise.