Chapter 1: Revealed Secrets and Schemes

David POV

I and Cheska were now resting on our bed on her room. She put the lights off and lied beside me.

"Its been such a memorable day, honey.", I said to Cheska. "And also, I am happy that your parents were so glad for me to live here."

Cheska giggled and hugged me.

"I just wanted to ask why you kept your real powers secret? You could have fought Ryo head to head with your powers, yet you hold everything back. The same with Vincent. You could have smacked him in a single blow. Why, Cheska?"

"Its very simple, honey.", she replied sweetly. "Because I always knew you'll be there to protect me."

"You and your schemes.", I said and we laughed a bit. "So you did that on purpose to test my skills?"

She nodded, "Yeah. I am so comfortable when you're around and I feel so safe with you. Thats why I didnt bother to show my powers. Because I knew you'll always be there for me, and this power that your mom gave me is originally for your safety too. Because she loves you so much and she wants you to be always safe from harm when she's not around."

I smiled at that thought. "I forgot to hug her earlier. Man. I wonder how long would it be to be with her again."

"I wish they could have lived here like you did, honey.", she said. "But their job wasnt so simple. The outlaw was haggard on detecting any possible cause of another dark invasion from the denizens of the underworld. Ms. Shana and Mr. Yuji was the leaders of the Flame Haze Army starting from their youth."

"How did you gain those powers, honey?", I asked.

"Ms. Shana and Lord Alastor, the so-called Flame of Heaven and the God of Destruction splits their power into three. One for Ms. Shana, the main source of power. Me and Mina were her branches, which means our flames were limited. Ms. Shana divided her powers for me to protect you and for Mina to be able to fight with you. After all, they have intentionally trained you under the strongest shinobi on Japan. She wanted you to walk a different path from Flame Hazes. She wanted you to become more stronger than us."

We were silent for a while then Cheska continued. "You must have felt earlier a strange feeling when your dad patted you."

My eyes widened and I even sat up. "Yes, I felt strange after he left."

"Mr. Yuji transferred the power of Dark Flames to you, honey. He believed in you that you will become more stronger. Try it now."

I stretched my right hand and concentrated a bit. Dark flames were ignited at my palm!

"Honey, you're no longer the normal Shadow Ninja. Combined with your black flames, you have became the strongest flame haze and ninja alike. Thats how your parents loved you. They wanted to make you strong so you'll always survive that inevitable dark invasion soon in our lives.", explained Cheska. Everything she said was delivered in a logical way that made me believe everything she said. I put the flames out and cried.

"Dont cry, honey.", said Cheska as she wiped my tears. "Your parents will be sad if they saw you like that, especially your beloved sister who's doing her best to catch up with her beloved oniichan."

I hugged Cheska and wailed, "Cheska, I miss my family. Please, do something to bring them sooner here."

Cheska tapped my back until I calmed down. "Honey, if we want to bring them here, we must train and be stronger to be able to eliminate denizens more faster."

I wiped my tears and looked at her with determination, "Lets work together and beats some denizen ass."

Cheska giggled and smiled, "Thats the spirit! Tomorrow since we couldnt do much other than homeworks, we'll train together. And I ask you to please dont hold back. You know that I am almost limitless when it comes to talent."

I nodded, "Like I will. We'll spar and have a good time! A good thing I sealed my equipments."

I ran to Cheska's drawers where Mr. Natsume delivered and transferred my clothes. Thinking of it makes me feel like I am at my own home.

I pulled a scroll from my bag and checked everything. Looks like everything's fine.

"I have a secret compartment on my room for confidential tools and files, honey.", said Cheska as she went to a corner of the room close to our bed. She squatted and pulled a tile. "Your things will be safe here. I am the only one who knows every hidden thing on the whole mansion."

Since these scroll are so special that I made a spell that it will only show up to a trustworthy person, it means that Cheska is one of the person in this world that I can trust. Besides, if I wanted, I could summon this thing and it can only be opened by my own spiritual energy. I explained that to her and she smiled.

"I see. You really are a ninja.", she complimented me and went back to bed. "Come on here, honey. Lets get some rest."

I put everything back on my bag and lied beside Cheska.

"To be honest, I am also a bit worried about Yuki.", I said.

"Speaking of her, I noticed that something weird happened to her. It almost made me pee on my skirt you know.", said Cheska and she shivered. She hugged me tightly and cried.

"What did you saw, honey?", I asked and tapped her back continuously to calm her down.

"I saw that her eyes, were pure black!"

The moment she said that, a cold wind chilled us to the bone. She cried and hugged me tighter. "I wish I couldnt remember that."

"You must be so tired, honey.", I said. "Lets just sleep. Dont worry. Now you have me by your side. There's nothing to be afraid of anymore."

Cheska gradually calmed down and fell asleep while hugging me.

I wonder what does that bode for us? I think about that for a few minutes then eventually my eyes closed.