Chapter 19: A Terrorist Attack

Yuki POV

Its been two weeks since David left the country. During those times, until now, I miss him so much and I am worried sick of him. Cheska also feels the same way, and neither of us got any news on him yet.

Cheska said she tried her best to locate David on the Philippines but she failed. She doesnt know much about the place..

Anyway, its lunch time.

I fixed my things and get ready to go to the rooftop, to the bench where David and I sat eating our lunches. Being out there makes me happy, but also sad.

When I got up, Cheska cheerfully went to me and tapped my shoulders, "Hey Yuki!"

"Oh Cheska. Whats up?"

Cheska was always with her friends when they eat lunch. But this time..

"Yuki, come join us and eat lunch together at the rooftop!", she said merrily.

"U-umm. Is that.. really okay with them?", I asked.

"Well of course!", said Ayumi. "You should not always be alone you know. When David comes back, we will all be together. Since you're our friend's friend, you're our friend too!"

Then Cheska held my hand and performed one of her most cutest smile, "Pleeeeease? Yuki? I want all of us to be together as we wait for his return."

As I couldnt resist her charming voice, I happily said, "Yes of course. Nothing could make me happier than be with friends."

Should I put my trust on humans again? I've had a terrible past concerning trust issues that made me a very reclusive person. I dont trust anybody but myself. Because it hurts me when I am betrayed. Cheska knew about this since she's my best friend. We told each other many private things that made us closer to each other.

Cheska gripped my hand a little tighter and said, "Trust us, Yuki. I swear with my life that you wont regret it."

I guess I should give it a try.

"Yes, Cheska. Lets go!", I happily said.

"Well said!", shouted Kyosuke and he was pinched by Ayumi. "Owowowow! It hurts!"

"Do you really have to shout, babe?", said Ayumi sternly.

We laughed a bit and headed for the rooftop.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As the six of us started to form a circle and ate on a mat on the rooftop, Cheska asked something.

"Yuki, I cant think of any other way to reach David. Do you have any ideas?"

I chewed my food and answered her, "I figured out that we could go to the country itself and ask on the airport their address, but I dont have much money and I dont know if its a good idea."

I was surprised when Cheska gleefully hugged me, "Thats a brilliant idea! I can take care of that money thing."

"But Cheska..", said Sakura as she stopped eating. "Your dad wont allow you to do that."

"Oh.. damn him. He always have to destroy everything I want, everything I dream for. I hate him so much. He controls my life like his robot.", she bitterly said and slowly ate her food.

We silently finished our food after that.

"Umm. Cheska, me and your friends could go there to look for him. If thats okay.."

Cheska laughed and hugged me again, "Cheska not so tight please.."

"You really have a sharp mind, Yuki! Then i'll give each of you a free ticket on Tokyo Airlines. If thats okay with their parents."

I raised my hand, "My parents wouldnt mind. I could just lie and say that I want to visit my grandma there."

Ayumi raised her hand, "Me too! I'll do the same. Besides, I miss my relatives there."

"Count me in.", said Sakura. "My parents wouldnt mind, as long as I have my sister with me. Now i'll just have to bribe her hehehe."

Yushiko and Kyosuke also raised their hand and Cheska were so happy.

"I'll give it to you tomorrow, guys. You can take flight on the weekdays. Oh, and i'll also book all of you on a five star hotel! How does that sound?"

The six of us jumped in happiness, "Woohooo! Yaaaay! Hahahaha."

"That would be so awesome. Thank you so much, Cheska.", I said to her happily.

She smiled back at me and said, "I believe you can bring David back here, Yuki. Its a shame I couldnt have a blast with you there, but as long as you bring him back with you, I dont mind if all my money on the bank were zeroed. Actually its impossible even if I wanted to. Its too much."

Cheska and I laughed and we all cleaned up and prepared ourselves to go back to our classroom when we suddenly heard shouts and gunshots all over the place.

"Whats going on!?", Ayumi screamed.

"RUN!! WE ARE UNDER A TERRORIST ATTACK!", shouted Cheska. She held my hand and we ran downstairs together with the others.

We could hear many loud shouts of terrorists as they fire away on those who were screaming. Everything is on smoke.

"No, lets go back. Quick!", she ordered us and we went back to the rooftop while she locked the door and we put everything available to block it.

Ayumi and Sakura were crying. And im on the verge of it. Im so scared!

"Dont worry!", said Cheska as she held my hand. "I swear i'll protect all of you. This way!"

She lead us on the corner most area of the rooftop and she lifted a secret tile that revealed a staircase.

"I know every inch of this school. We will use it to our advantage.", she coolly said.

Ayumi and Sakura hugged her, "Cheska, we're scared!"

"Guys. I want all of you to believe in me this time. I am the only one who could protect all of you so im not holding back."

She took out a katana sword on another secret tile, "I have them scattered on the whole school, just in case I got in real trouble."

Then we heard the door of the rooftop being banged. Its being OPENED!!

"HURRY! We dont have much time.", Cheska shouted and we all went downstairs.

Cheska slid back the tile. It was too dark inside and I activated the flashlight on my phone. Cheska turned a lever beside the stairs, "Now they wont be able to open this, nor they will suspect we are here. We're safe."

"You're a damn genius, Cheska.", sighed Kyosuke as we rested on a empty room.

Cheska turned a bulb on and it lit the room a little.

To be honest, all of us were trembling in fear except Cheska who were thinking hard what to do next.

I wonder what will happen to us..