Chapter 21: David's Will

David POV

I suddenly sensed something bad. I got up in my room and ran for Master Yukihiro's office.

"Sir!", I said as I slip open the door and found my master writing on a scroll.

"Ah its you, David. I know whats troubling you.", he said calmly. Master Yukihiro is a middle aged man, but still the strongest ninja and the leader of the Shadow Light Order.

"Master, I suddenly have a bad premonition on the city of Tokyo, where I formally studied. Do you perhaps know whats going on?"

Master Yukihiro smiled before he answered me, "Your senses have greatly improved, David. As for your question, im afraid that that school of yours were in deep trouble."

My eyes widened and my heart beated faster every second. Cheska, Yuki, and my friends were still there!

"That school is now under a terrorist attack.", master said as he closed his eyes and performed divination. "Many students have died, most are held captive. The president himself served as an hostage."

"Master, what about my friends? Are they all right?", I asked quickly.

"Hmmm. They are all safely hidden on a secret basement, although theres is a fair chance that this Francheska or something that she will go out and save her father in just a few hours."

I clenched my fist, "Is she crazy? She will die when terrorists spotted her!"

"Exactly. But it is none of my concern.", said Master as he opened his eyes again. "What will you do, David? Will you bravely storm in there and save everyone? There are hundreds of terrorist there, all armed, ready to kill anyone at any time."

I stood straight and looked directly on Master's eyes, "Yes sir. I must protect my friends, and everyone there. It is my duty as a ninja, the Dark Blade of Shadow Light Order, to protect everyone in danger."

Master smiled and he also stood. He patted my head and ruffled my hair, "Im so proud of you as my top student, David. Im so proud of what you become. Now go forth, and prove to our Order, what the Dark Blade is made of. This is your greatest and harshest mission ever yet."

I bowed, "Yes master. I will accomplish my mission with my life on the line. Thank you for believing in me."

"Go David. Your friends, especially Francheska and the bright-haired girl, were eagerly waiting for you. Be swift. Or it will be too late. Your rival, Ryo Shinozaki, the Light Blade of Divine Lighy Order, is with them. You know he's a deadly enemy. Dont you dare be too arrogant. If you cannot beat him, go and escape. I want you back here safe and sound you hear me?"

I retuned his smile and ran to my room to prepare all the equipments I will need. It looks like I will fight a large number terrorist. Since they are on a school, my stealth skills are advantageous. I shall attack at night, and they will know that my title is not just for show.

I wore complete black leather ninja uniform, a dark mask and a black hood.

I pulled my two official dark swords on the wall and strapped them on my back. I filled my secret ninja pouches of kunais and shurikens, as well as some healing herbs.

I swiftly went out of the Order and ran as fast as a ninja can towards Tokyo.

Cheska, you better dont do anything reckless until I got there. I am coming for all of you. Wait for me.

I really didnt went to the Philippines. It would be so foolish for me to go back there. So I have decided to keep on learning under Master Yukihiro, and accept being a ninja as a proffesion. Mina were now living with my aunt somewhere in Tokyo while my parents returned to their working places.

And now I shall return, to protecr the friends I left behind for my selfish reasons.

I enjoyed my training on the Order, but during those two weeks I  miss them so much. I wanted to see them again, eat with them, laugh altogether, and just be together.

I want to be with them again. Especially with Cheska and Yuki. I miss both of them so much. I feel sorry for leaving them behind like that and not letting them know about my status in life. They might be so worried about me. Oh im so sorry.

I will not make you wait any longer. I swore that i'll protect all of you no matter what. I swear with all my heart and soul. I wont let that event happen again in my life. The moment when Ryo killed the very first friend I had when we were little. I was so weak back then that I was almost killed if it wasnt for Master Yukihiro who saved me. Since then, I bitterly swore on my heart, that I will be strong.

STRONG ENOUGH TO PROTECT MY PRECIOUS, INVALUABLE, AND IRREPLACEABLE FRIENDS.

Mr. Villamore, hang in there. Dont you dare give up so easily. Im coming to save you as well, despite of all what you did for me.

Yuki, Cheska, and everyone. As I have promised the six of you about my return, I shall now fullfill it.

As for you, Ryo. We shall settle our battle once and for all. This time, I wont hold back, even if I have to kill you, i'll satisfy my revenge. Now you'll taste the wrath of the monster you created on me. I still havent forgotten even a second, the moment you mercilessly killed the only one who considered me as her friend when no one was there for me when I was a kid. And now, I have gotten strong. I swear im going to use every ounce of my strength to protect them.