Chapter 34: Flame Hazes!?

David POV

Mr. Natsume put on a microphone and cleared his throat. Everyone shuts up.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to this formal gathering in honor of Mr. David Lee's exploits for the school and especially for the reunion of all the successful individuals of Tokyo University's 1980 batch!"

Everyone applauded and clapped their hands excitedly.

"And now, without further ado, here comes our past heroes; Yuji, Shana, Kazumi, and Jiro with the heir to the royal mansion, Princess Francheska!"

I wonder how my parents became heroes too? They never told me stories about their past..

And so the five of them went out of the mansion and stopped at the stairs. Everyone clapped their hands, but my jaw dropped at how BEAUTIFUL Cheska is.

She was wearing a pure white and light blue dress, her dark hair tied neatly on a bun, and her hands wearing long white gloves.

She smiled at me and I blushed. Yuki saw me and looked down.

"God, she looks like an angel", exclaimed Yushiko and Sakura smacked his face out.

After a few more announcement and political thingy, Cheska excitedly went over to our table to join us.

Ayumi and Sakura greeted her except Yuki. She approached Yuki and smiled at her kindly, "Hi, Yuki! You look so beautiful! I didnt think it was you."

Yuki forced a smiled, "Thank you Cheska."

"Are you okay, Yuki?", I asked her. "You look so pale.."

She nodded slowly, "Yeah. I just dont feel good today. Sorry."

"Yuki, we'll have a good time today! Be happy.", said Cheska.

"Cheska-ne!", shouted Mina while running to hug her.

"Oh! Haha. Mina, what a surprise! You look so cute.", said Cheska as they hugged each other.

"Cheska-ne, how's oniichan here? He stinks right?", said Mina. Everyone laughed including Yuki. Cheska forced a smile and nodded.

"Mina.", I glared at her. She went behind Cheska. "Hiding wont save you from 100 spanks today!"

"I dont wanna! Cheska-nee, oniichan's being mean again."

Cheska pretended that she scolded me and made everyone laughed.

"Seems like all of you are having a good time!", said Mr. Jiro as he joined us. "Too bad your master couldn't come today, David."

"Oh, hahaha. He's been very busy training the other ninjas on the shadow order.", I answered shyly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So on that morning, we had a good time watching Cheska sing with her official band on school. She has a very cute, angelic voice. Its like we had a wild concert of her.

Afterwards we had our lunch! It was all delicious foods with the combination of me and Cheska's mom! Even Yuki ate so much. Mina ate too much spaghetti like me that it dirtied her dress.

Cheska laughed, "You're just like your brother when it comes to spaghetti huh? I'll call a maid to clean you up Mina."

Mina smiled, "Of course! Oniichan and I always have war when it comes to delicious foods that mom makes for us."

"These two siblings are monsters.", joked Yoshiko and we laughed.

On the afternoon, we watched the talented guests as they show their tricks to keep everyone entertained.

I was surprised when mom and dad smiled at each other and went to the platform.

"What are they performing?", I asked.

Mr. Jiro smiled, "So they havent told you their flame haze powers huh?"

"What flame haze are you talking about, sir?"

Everyone gasped when both of them roared and the platform were filled with black and crimson flames!

Mom's hair turned into fiery red and her eyes too! Dad just stayed normal, but his black flames makes him a badass!

"Your parents are gifted heroes destined to protect this world long ago when we were your age.", explained Ms. Kazumi. "Both of them saved this city by eliminating the dangerous crimson denizens, creatures from hell that devours a human's existence."

Everyone were clapping their hands like it was a normal fire display.

Both of them summoned swords out of nowhere and people stampeded to take pictures with them.

"They are chosen by God himself to protect our era.", said Mr. Jiro. "They couldnt tell you that as they are afraid you wont believe that its a normal thing for them and for us unless me and Kazumi explain it to you. Your parents were heroes just like you, David."

Then Cheska stood and joined my parents. And I am COMPLETELY shocked when her hair turned blazing crimson too and produced her flames! And even more, she roared and wings sprouted from her back. Orange flamed wings!

"What the hell is going on?", I asked dizzily.

Ms. Kazumi giggled, "Your mom passed into Cheska her powers as a Flame Haze. She is, after all, Cheska's official mentor, trainer, and master, just like Master Yukihiro."

"Wow.", I and Mina said in unison. Cheska looks even more beautiful with those flames dancing around her.

Yuki fainted, followed by my friends, and eventually, me too. This is too much for reality..

~~

"David! Please wake up..", said Cheska. I woke up on the chair and everyone were watching.

"Was it all a dream? That flame haze thing?", I croaked. Cheska said no, so its real.

"I've been noticing strange abilities from you, Cheska. So my mom trained you, huh? I wish you'd tell me that."

Cheska cried and hugged me, "Sorry, David. Sorry I hid my true powers. I wanted to impress you."

I forced a smile, "Of course. I am overwhelmed that I even fainted. I thought that I was abnormal, having dark ninja powers that violates reality. I thought I was weird and a monster. But it seems like fantasies really exist in this world."

Cheska wiped her tears and nodded happily.

"Sorry to interrupt, oniichan. But..", said Mina. I looked at her and..

White flames surrounded her body and made her hair white.

"You too!?", I fainted again.