Chapter 28: The Mansion

David POV

After dinner, I bid my sister good night on her room. I explained everything to her regarding the visitation on Cheska's mansion. She said that she couldn't wait to step on even one on her entire life. Well, our dreams may finally came true.

Cheska texted me that I should bring extra clothes since i'll be staying there for 3 days and there'll be a lot of swimming, so I put some in my bag, including Yuki's necklace.

Speaking about her, I was kinda sad when I saw her crying when she saw me and Cheska coming down along the stairs on the rooftop.

--------
Flashback..

"Why are you two being secretly together like this!?", Yuki almost shouted.

"Umm, Yuki please don't be angry. I just said something private to David regarding family matters.", said Cheska pleadingly.

"You're a liar, Cheska!"

"No! I am NOT a liar.", Cheska retaliated. "I don't want to fight again with you, Yuki. You're my best friend. You know I wont lie to you."

Yuki wiped her tears and continued, "Then explain to me everything, especially why you two have to be in privacy."

"Okay Yuki. Listen carefully, and I don't want you spreading this to other students, thinking that David has special treatment here. Our families have decided to have some quality time since they were best friends since middle school.  It just so happens that me and David are the child of those people, we are also involved. I just informed him about the matter, that's all. If we talk about this in public people would probably want something great to happen on school too. Understand now? This is a family matter. Me or David cant possibly do anything to stop it."

"She's telling the truth, Yuki.", I smiled at her. "Don't worry about me. Everything's fine."

--------

After that, Yuki gradually calmed down and hugged Cheska, saying that she should take care of me when I got there. I am so touched at that moment that I almost cried. Afterwards, Cheska reassured her that I will be treated well, and the fact that she'll invite the whole gang on Monday. Yuki smiled about it.

Ookaay! So lets call it a day. Gotta wake up early in the morning.

~ ~

*kriiiiiing! Kriiiiing!!

The stupid alarm clock destroyed my dream. Damn.

I opened my eyes while thinking of a reason why I should wake up so damn early in the morning. My phone rang and Cheska were calling.

"Hello, Cheska.. what's up?"

"Don't what's up me, David!", she shouted on the phone that woke me up 100%. "Mr. Natsume is on his way to fetch you now."

"But Cheska, I'm not taking my bath yet, nor breakfast."

"You don't need that, silly. You can have your bath and your breakfast here! Get dressed and wait outside okay? See ya!"

"H-hey! Ch-", but she already hung up the phone. I wont make it!

I still took my bath the fastest as I can, get dressed, then heard a honking of a car outside. It must be Mr. Natsume!

I frantically groomed myself and put my bag on my back. I left a note at Mina's room, saying that mom and dad will be here in the morning and she should eat the toast on the table.

I went out of my house and I saw the butler opening the door of the car. I went hurriedly and after a few seconds we were driving away.

"Whew! I made it.", I panted.

Mr. Natsume laughed softly, "I apologize, Master David. Our princess was so excited to see you that she even rushed me to death."

"That girl.", and we both laughed.

So after minutes of driving, we went to a stop in front of a formidable gate with a great wall beside it.

"Could this be.. the mansion?", I asked Mr. Natsume as I came out of the car.

"Indeed, Master David. Follow me, Mistress Cheska should be waiting for us."

I am so nervous now. Its like I am visiting a foreign planet.

There are two closed metallic gates, meaning it has no absolute holes or gaps. It has intricate designs, symbolizing royalty and power. The big one is for vehicles, and the small one for persons. There is a wall beside that small gate, with a small window on it.

Me and the butler went there.

"Identify yourselves.", said a guard and pointed a gun to us.

"Natsume Kimura, main butler of Villamore household and David Lee, the special guest.", he replied calmly as it was a normal thing to him to be pointed by a gun.

The guard withdrew and opened the metallic door. Before that, I heard many clicks.

"The security is top priority here, Master David.", explained the Butler. "We even have hidden guns on these walls, in case something offensive happens. There are lots of time that terrorist tried to break in, but never in history someone succeeded, as the princess herself made the technology."

We entered the gate and I saw Cheska. She's.. stunningly beautiful, standing in front of a pretty garden. There are three paths, the middle one is led by a stone path, with a huge, towering fountain. The water's sound as it comes down is heavenly. The paths on either side is for vehicles, led by a grand cement and plants as a guide. It all leads to a great and unbelievably huge mansion.

Cheska, dressed in a white dress with her skin glowing with the rays of the sun, along with this paradise, seems like a fantasy.

I just stood there staring at Cheska while she walked slowly towards me with a warm smile. Is she an angel?

"David! Its you. Oh im so glad.", she said and took my hands.

"I think im gonna faint, Cheska. I've never seen anything so beautiful."

Cheska giggled and took my hand as she walked me towards the mansion. Im getting nervous.

"Dont worry too much, David. You have me with you after all."

"No Cheska. Its just that I dont feel comfortable stepping on a noble land. Im just a commoner."

Cheska smiled at me, "Just a simple commoner yet the ninja who saved hundreds of lives including the one who lives here. You're so special to me and my family."

After what seems like hours, we finally reached the great doors of the mansion. It was opened by two maids, and a breathtaking view appeared. A very large room with shining white and gold walls, large chandelier at the ceiling, two huge spiral staircase,
And a thrilling height of floors that can be seen from the ground floor. I wonder why Cheska's small family should live in this super extra large mansion.

Cheska went in front of me and spread her arms wide, "Welcome to my home, David!"