Chapter 11: A Protector, Hero, and Legend

Cheska POV

I woke up in my room. Pain had strucked my heart even more when I looked beside me and David wasn't here anymore.

"You're awake, dear.", said Mom. She was sitting on a chair beside my bed.

"Where's my David?", I asked. Im surprised when my voice changed a little. It became more stiff and deep.

Mom stood, "Follow me."

I went out of bed and followed Mom outside of the Mansion. There are lots of people bustling around.

Mom cleared the crowd and I saw David lying on a coffin with colorful flowers around the stand and white curtains surrounding it.

I cried again when I saw David's corpse. He was already dressed handsomely on a formal attire. Mom tapped my shoulders.

I screamed my agony and held my head. It felt like it was going to explode any minute. The pain that I am feeling right now is too much for words to describe.

His family were standing beside me and were crying as well. Mina had lost her cheerful and naughty expression. Now she's just as blank as me and everyone else.

"His death is too sudden that its very hard to accept.", cried Ms. Shana. "All that effort to make him strong.. and to protect him.. was all for nothing. I have failed to come there in time to protect him. I should be the one who died instead!"

She sagged on David's coffin and she wailed and cried. I went closer to his coffin and looked at his sad face.

"Oniichan's leaved me.", said Mina blankly. "He promised that he'll always stay by my side as we grow up. He was such a lovely and kind brother to me. Its so hard to accept!"

She cried and I hugged her. Mr. Yuji were tending to his wife and tried to calm him down despite the sadness that he was also enduring.

My dad came, bringing a box with him and said, "Im really sorry I couldnt bring him back."

"Jiro, you've done enough for him and for us. Dont blame yourself for this tragic event.", said Mr. Yuji.

He approached the coffin and looked at him, "He was still half-alive when we put him on the ambulance. He said some things to me. Some instructions to retrieve his letters just in case he dies in battlefield and his loved ones were too depressed."

He opened the box and distributed the letters with each one of us, including our friends. I hurriedly tore the envelope and read the paper..

Dear Cheska,

You must be sad and depressed right now if you're reading this now that I died. I sincerely hope that this letter may come to you in time, honey.

There is no denying the fact that I might get killed soon as we fight the Dark Forces. So I took the opportunity to leave letters behind for you.

Honey, I have already sworn myself to protect you with all I have. I won't hesitate even for a second to protect you and die for you. After all, you have made me complete, you had filled the void in my heart, you melted my soul with the warmth of your love, and you saved me from loneliness and sadness. That is why, I am never afraid to die if it means I can protect you!

Tears went out of my eyes again as well as his family who were all crying.

Cheska, now that i'm gone, I want you to keep moving forward. Always keep in mind that it hurts me so much to see you crying and to see you so sad. It was so painful for me to bear. That is why, I want you to be strong. Have the courage to keep moving forward. Don't you rush to follow me too soon. There's still so much in store for you in the future. I want you to enjoy your life and always remember this thing.

I have loved you, I am loving you, and I will always and always love you with everything I have. I will always be here beside you and to look after you.

I want you to promise me that you will always take care of yourself and please protect my family, especially my sister. I love her so much too.

Well, I guess this is goodbye, my love. Always keep in your heart, mind, and soul..

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

From your departed partner,
David Lee

I have folded his letter as I cry again. I hugged it and looked a him, "Thank you, honey. I will cherish this and our memories with it. I love you."

I kissed his lips gently. Ms. Shana and I hugged each other with Mina below us.

"Oniichan, I promise i'll always eat three times a day and I will always change my underwear.", Mina said solemnly but it made us laugh softly.

"Why are you guys laughing at me?", she asked. "Oniichan said that I must brush my teeth every after meal and I should touch my books even for a while instead of the XBox. Even in death, he was nagging me."

It made me cheer up a bit and I hugged her, "Mina, your brother loves you so much."

"Oneechan, im going to miss him."

"Dont you worry, you still have me as your sister to take care of you. I will always be here for you, like I promised to him."

Then, Master Yukihiro just came together with a couple of ninja wearing dark garments with the Head of the Light Order with Ryo!

"Ryo! Why are you here?", I shouted and prepared for combat.

"Relax, the Shadow and Light Order had became allies after my fight with David.", he said calmly. "I came here to pay respect for my old war buddy and rival. He was indeed a formidable hero."

Master Yukihiro stared at David for a long time, "To think that our hero will be defeated. Our enemy must be stronger than we thought."

"Actually, sir.. he died to protect me from a demon's last resort attack.", I said shyly.

"Even so, for the demon to survive a minute after being hit by the celestial hammer of thunder is unbelievable. Normally, and David must have expected too, the attack will reduce the target to ashes immediately.", he continued and closed his eyes. "He died as a protector, a hero, and a legend."

We were all shocked when a purple flame blasted behind us and from there, Yuki appeared.

"Yuki!?"