Chapter 14: Cheska's Resolve

It was a rainy monday morning. I assisted Mina on her school bus then I opened my umbrella.

Im surprised when Yuki went out of her house at the same time.

"Oh! Hi, David! Good morning."

"Hi, Yuki.. Lets go to school together.", I said with a forced smile.

While we are walking together on the rain, Yuki said something.

"I can tell that you're still affected with Cheska's case."

"No. Not just that, Yuki.", I answered. "Its just that im scared."

"Why would be a hero scared?", she asked innocently.

"I dont know what i'll face when we get to school. Or Mina. Dr. Villamore was very furious at me after what happened. Anytime, I could be expelled, and we'll be apart."

I couldnt see the expression of Yuki, but I could tell that she's blushing.

"What do you mean by 'we'? Me and you, or you and Cheska?"

I laughed softly and answered, "Not just the two of you. But my other friends too."

"Oh.", she said, sounding dissapointed.

"But nothing could make me happier than this moment. You are with me. I am not yet alone. I'll still have the courage to fight whats ahead of me."

Yuki giggled, "Yeah thats the David I lo-"

She stopped on the middle of her sentence and clapped her mouth.

"Hmm? What is it Yuki?", I asked curiously what she was about to say.

"Ahaha. I mean thats the David I know about."

I smiled at her, "Thanks for cheering me up, Yuki. I dont know what i'll do without you."

She smiled brightly too that sent warmth on my heart.

"When we get to school, can we seat together?", I asked and she stuttered.

"R-really!? I m-mean.. is that o-okay with you?"

"Of course. Why, you are my best friend."

"Oh yeah. So we are not.. ordinary friends anymore, David?", she asked while covering her mouth shyly.

"Yup thats right. I acknowledge you as my best friend. The first one ever."

Yuki blushed even more and I smiled with that.

I just hope you wont break my trust, Yuki. Just like the people in my past.

~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When we get to our classroom, I saw Cheska waiting at the door. Im still a little bitter about her.

"Umm.", she said. But I ignored her.

"Lets go, Yuki.", I said and I held her hand until we sat together.

When I settled in, I saw Yuki smiling at me. She approached me and whispered, "I am here for you. Dont be scared."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yuki POV

After I said that, I saw David smiling at me and he thanked me with his kind voice.

I've been blushing uncontrollably since morning. I was alone with him! And he said that I am his first best friend ever. I could never be happy before in my life. After all, he's my first love. He's just so kind, smart, and cool. He's every girl's dream that even Cheska fell in love with him. But I am satisfied. I am now over on Cheska's ranking on David's heart. Or so I thought so.

I saw Cheska still at the doorway, not moving an inch. She was bowing down for a long time until Sakura and Kyosuke appeared. After that, Cheska decided to sit on her chair.

I can tell on David's face that he still cares deeply for Cheska. But I wont give up until I win his heart. Im determined to fight for what I feel for him. Im not gonna lose. No matter what happens, until he made a descision, MY FEELINGS WONT CHANGE.

I love you, David Lee.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Cheska POV

When I sat down on my desk, I feel like my chest is about to explode out of sadness. I'm doing my best to hold my tears until now.

Whenever I looked at David as the lessons go on, he seemed like he was happy. Like we have never met at all. It pains my heart. But I couldn't do anything. I dont know what to do. I dont want my dad to expel him and Mina. I grew too fond of them in just a short time.

Whenever my friends try to ask him, he seldom talks to them at all. The only one he was happy talking with was Minahara.

Minahara, Yuki.

I always feel a surge of anger inside of me whenever I am reminded of her. I wish she could have never come between me and David's lives. We were so happy together when she wasn't around.

Seeing them so close to each other like that pains me to the core. I feel like my eyes were on the verge of crying.

Sakura and the others tried to cheer me up when I finally cried. I saw Yuki and David having lunch together ALONE on the rooftop. And Yuki were laughing with him.

Oh how I wish.. I could be the one on her stead, making him happy every moment we talk.

Tears went uncontrollably out of my eyes when I saw that scenery. It felt like something grabbed my chest and twisted it so hard.

Why does it hurt so much?

Should I give up on him?

"What!? You're giving up already?", exclaimed Sakura.

"Yeah. He seems happy with Yuki now. Who am I to destroy their happiness?"

"You cant just give up! Yuki said something earlier about David to me."

I suddenly felt a little hopeful, "Please! Tell me what is it."

"Yuki said that David still cares for you. But you'll just have to admit that some thing can never return to the way it was before. Its because of your dad's descision that both of you are suffering. But then, Yuki was there for him in your place."

I looked at both of them. I saw Yuki happily serving David with food and he's smiling at her, "And the longer this happens, the more distant me and David will become right?"

Sakura nodded, "Yes. And worse, Yuki and David will become more closer to each other. If you dont do anything about your father, it might be too late."

I cried again as I said, "Yuki and David.. will be together."

"Will you let someone you love be with someone that easily? Will you let Yuki take David away from you? Remember. You are the first girl David ever became friends here on Japan. You're still special to him up to this point. If you dont find a way, then those feelings will change and eventually you'll lose the fight against Yuki to win his heart."

Sakura's words made me ignite with hope. I wiped my tears and smiled at her, "Yeah. Like hell im gonna let Yuki take him away from me. I'll never give up. I'll find a way."

I looked at Yuki who were now lying her head on David's shoulder, "Just you wait, Yuki. I wont lose to you. I love him and someday.."

We'll be together, David.