Chapter 25: The Power of Love

Cheska POV

My mom saw us the moment we entered the hospital. It seems like she was waiting for us.

"Hi, mom!", I said and I hugged her. She smiled and patted my head.

"Kazumi! Its been a while!", said Ms. Shana merrily.

"Oh! Shana! Its you! Wow im so happy to see you and Yuji.", she said and they hugged each other.

Then she shook hands with Mr. Yuji happily.

"Well, I know we've been longing to see each other, but im certain you want to see your son, correct?"

Ms. Shana nodded worriedly, "Please Kazumi. Show me my son as soon as possible. We were so worried about him."

Mom smiled and walked, "This way, everyone."

As we were walking, Ms. Shana and mom were walking side by side.

Yuki smiled at me.

"Maybe we're like that too, Yuki!", I happily said to her.

"Yeah.", Yuki replied and held my hand. "We'll always be friends no matter what. Even if our beloved boy chooses someone."

We understand each other more than anyone.

"Dont worry, Shana.", said my mom reassuringly. "David's fine. He's on the recovering state."

"What about the blood donor, Kazumi?"

Mom giggled and said, "My husband proudly became your son's donor."

"What?", I exclaimed. "Can dad really give more than what we expect?"

"Its hard to believe, but yes. It seems like he grew fond of the boy too much. He's restless on the operation, you know. He made sure that every vital thing that will keep David alive is well-checked. Your dad is resting now on our mansion. I am in charge now of looking after David.", said mom as we stopped on a door. It must be David's room!

The moment mom opened the door, Mina ran inside and hugged his sleeping brother, "ONIICHAN!"

We all entered and watched Mina cry all over him.

"Is he.. not conscious yet?", asked Mr. Yuji.

"Unfortunately, not.", answered my mom. "But it will take no more than 2 days before he wakes up. Its still vital for him to rest and wake up naturally."

We saw Master Yukihiro seating beside David's bed.

"Ah! Yuji and Shana. Its nice to see both of you.", he nicely greeted.

Mr. Yuji nodded and said, "Master. Thank you for looking out for our child."

Master Yukihiro waved his hand and smiled, "No no. You dont have to mention it. Dont you worry. He's my top student, and he's tougher than he looks right now. He'll wake up in no time."

We all nodded. It seems like when he said that, all our worries vanished instantly.

Master Yukihiro stood and said, "Many of you might be wandering why he didnt went to the Philippines. This is the answer. He chose not to."

Me and Yuki listened intently on what he's saying.

"Why, you may ask. Its because he said he couldnt leave his memories behind."

Master Yukihiro suddenly cried and touched David's hand, "This boy was too happy when he finally have true friends. He's too happy that he couldnt bear to leave them behind. He always told me stories about that. How two special girls colored his life. He stayed on the Order, waiting for a perfect opportunity to come back. When he sensed that his friends were in danger, thats the moment he became stronger. He was so brave, not knowing what he was against. As long as his friends' life were on the line, he also puts his own. He never stopped being a hero. I am crying now because.."

Master Yukihiro wiped his tears, "I am so proud of how strong he became because of his drive to protect the precious friends he made. Thats how he loves all of you, Cheska, Yuki, Sakura, Kyosuke, Yushiko and Ayumi. All of you were so important to him he's ready to die any moment, just so he could protect each one of you. David loves all of you so much."

What Master Yukihiro said made me and Yuki cry too hard. Even Sakura and the others.

Seeing David sleeping on the bed with many apparatuses attached to his body made this feeling worse. Its because of us he sacrificed his life. All of us became aware that it made us cry. He's on this state right now because of his love for us.

Master Yukihiro sniffed and said, "Now that all of you were here, I have to get back to the Order. Tell him when he wakes up, his swords were safe and sound on his room at his house. Only he knows where it is hidden."

We all nodded and bowed to him. He approached me and Yuki and tapped both our heads. He smiled then said, "Take care of him. I can see that he cares for both of you more than anyone in the world, except his family."

Me and Yuki nodded, "We promise, Master."

Master Yukihiro smiled and bid his farewell on David's parents and leaved the room.

After minutes of crying over David, Mina fell asleep again while hugging his beloved brother.

Mr. Yuji and Ms. Shana went over to him and touched his hand.

"We love you so much, son.", cried Ms. Shana while hugging him. "We'll wait for you. Me and your dad will come back as soon as you wake up and recover."

Then it was Mr. Yuji, "You made us proud, son. We love you more than anything. Get well soon. For now we'll leave you on the care of Cheska and Yuki. You know how busy we are at work right? After all, these friends of yours will be more than enough to look after you. Im sure you like it too hehehe ow!"

Ms. Shana pinched him again and smiled at us, "We will be going soon, Cheska and Yuki. You promise me, you'll look after our son."

"We'll be more than happy to do that. Dont worry. We'll inform you the minute he wakes up.", said Yuki.

"Yes thats right. You dont have to worry. We'll do our best to look after him.", I cheered.

Ms. Shana smiled, "Then, we'll stay at our home for a while. We'll just take the train if we have to. We need to be there ASAP the moment he wakes up. Come on, Mina."

Mina wailed and shouted, "I WONT GO ANYWHERE FAR FROM ONIICHAN!"

"But oniichan has to rest. You'll go with us, Mina. Just on our house in front of Yuki-nee.", said Ms. Shana persuasively.

Mina cried and hugged both me and Yuki. She looked at us innocently with teary eyes, "Please look after my oniichan. I love him so much. Okay?"

We patted her head and smiled, "Dont worry, Mina. Oniichan will be safe and sound with us. Go home and rest."

After a few hard moments with Mina, David's family finally went home. I ordered Mr. Natsume to take them home together with our other friends.

"Is it really okay for you girls to stay here for a while?", my mom asked.

"Of course mom."

Mom sighed and smiled at us, "Oh love. All right all right. What about you, Yuki-chan?"

Yuki smiled and answered politely, "My parents allowed me to stay and look after him."

Mom fixed her clipboard and opened the door, "Okay then. Girls, be good okay? I'll come back later. I need to tend some other patients."

"Yeeees!", me and Yuki excitedly answered. Mom sighed again and closed the door.

Me and Yuki took our seat on both side of David's bed, holding both his hands. I am on the right side, and Yuki on the left.

"We can finally touch him again.", said Yuki happily.

"His hands were so warm. It makes me want to sleep beside him. Wanna sleep, Yuki? Im tired.", I asked her.

Yuki rubbed her eyes and yawned, "Yeah thats a good idea, Cheska. I haven't had much sleep. Good night, David and Cheska."

I smiled at her as she rested her head on the bed, "Good night, Yuki and David.."

And so we slept with the boy Yuki and I love the most for the first time in our lives.