Chapter 32: Preparation for the Greatest Moment

David POV

"David, its time for dinner!", Cheska said cheerfully as we finished everything we think off, including that roaming around the mansion like its some sort of a futuristic palace.

I slumped on the bed. It was very tiring. Time check, 8:47 PM.
"Okay Cheska. Make it fast, will ya?"

"Hihi. I know you're hungry. Sorry, David. I battered you up again. I'll cook you another delicious meal that Ms. Shana taught me.", she said as she enters her kitchen on her room. "Wait for me, okay?"

I nodded weakly and touch my grumbling stomach. "I could eat an elephant.."

My phone vibrates on my pocket and I checked it. Oh! Yuki texted me.

"David? How are you doing there? Why aren't you texting me like we used to? Dont tell me that.. that Cheska won over me.."

I didnt noticed that Yuki sent 20 messages while we are roaming around since morning! Damn it.

"Yuki im so sorry. Its not like that, you know. Im just busy that I only held my phone until now."

A minute later..

"I understand, David. Im not worth your time, am I? Enjoy yourself there!"

Oh men. Looks like she's REALLY mad.

"Im so sorry. Tomorrow, you'll have to come okay? It'll be the day that I answer both of you."

"I know, David. Mr. Natsume already sent me a letter. I'll go there and prepare myself for your answer. I love you."

I honestly dont know what to reply. Cheska and Yuki were my most precious friends.. Im afraid to lose one of them.. I love Cheska, yet Yuki's special to me. I honestly dont know what to do tomorrow..

"Listen to your heart. It'll tell you what to do, David.", she replied again. "I know that you're having a hard time not to choose between us, but how you will tell the other who will be unloved by you. Of course, either me nor Cheska wont get hurt when it happens, but just so you know. I am ready. I am ready to love you even if you dont love me back! I am ready to love you even if you choose her! I truly love you. I always do and I always will! I have sworn my heart to you and I swear it will never change."

Tears just went out of my eyes. Yuki Minahara, you are such a kind girl who loves me to the core. Francheska Villamore, a girl that is ready to give everything she have, sacrifice anything, make efforts just to see me smile! just for me. You're so special to me, both of you.

I dont know what to do..

Cheska POV

While I was cooking, I was thinking about what will happen tomorrow. I know that David were still having a hard time to decide. I can tell it on his eyes. But I know he loves me, yet he's afraid to lose Yuki on the process. Thats what scares him the most.

He's such a kind man, which makes me fall in love with him. Whatever descision he make, I will respect it. Im sure he had already think everything through by tomorrow.

I will wait and anticipate if he truly loves me. I will wait how he will solve the greatest moment in his life. The moment of truth will come, and David will have to choose between two sides that loves him more than anything else.

After a few more minutes, the meal that I was cooking were finally done. I hope he likes it!

David POV

"David! David!!", Cheska called over the kitchen. "Dinner's ready!"

I went there hurriedly and I smelled another stomach-grinding delicious spaghetti!

"Oh man!", I sat on the table immediately and grabbed the fork.

"Slow down, David! Hahaha.", she laughed and joined me. "The food wont run away from you."

"No offense, spaghetti. But since I am hungry, I will destroy you with my ultimate ninja chew technique!", I said and devoured the food. Cheska enjoyed watching me as she ate slowly.

"Eat well, David. Oh. Just so you know, your mom will be here early in the morning to help my mom cook delicious foods!"

But I was busy eating and just nodded.

"Oh David. You're such a monster when you're hungry. Good thing that I will be your wife.. I will always cook you everything you like. Because those foods that I cook for you is filled with lots of love from me."

Soon, I devoured the entire tray that Cheska cooked. I sighed and touched my tummy.

"Owwww.. my tummy hurts.", I moaned. Cheska laughed at me and arranged the dishes. "I'll do the washing for you, Cheska."

She smiled at me, "No, I can do it. You just sit there and rest for a bit. Serves you right for overeating."

"But you amazingly cook better than my mom! I couldnt help myself. But aaah! I couldnt even stand. You'll be a great wife, Cheska."

She blushed and asked, "Is that so? But there is just one person in the world who can be my husband."

"And who's that lucky man?"

"Its you, David. It will always be you. Remember that. I will always love you and only you. I have swore that upon God himself.", she resumed on washing the dishes and I walked behind her.

I hugged her which makes her surprised a little. "Cheska, thank you for everything."

"Oh David. How I love this moment when you hug me like that. Tee-hee. It looks like we are really married."

I stayed like that until she finishes off. We went to the bed afterwards and put pajamas on.  She turned off the chandeliers on the room and let a small, orange lamp beside the bed on.

We lie on the bed and cuddled together.

"David, are you ready for tomorrow?"

I still couldn't answer. I dont know why I cant put it into words.

"I know, David. I know what exactly what runs through your mind."

"Really?"

"Yes. Your eyes tell me that you love me. I know that. But you didnt want to lose another person special to you as a friend on the process. Am I right?"

I was shocked again. She's really like a goddess! Dont you have any limits?

I nodded with amazement. "Just what are you, Cheska? Dont you have any weakness at all?"

"I have one weakness. That is you, my love. You're the only one who can break me apart when I lose you."

I smiled and hugged her. "Cheska, I want to do something tomorrow when everything went well between the three of us."

"Come on, David. What is it?"

I smiled and laughed, "Its a surprise! Hahaha. Lets sleep now."

"Awww c'mon! Tell me already! It makes me uncomfortable.", she said with teary eyes.

I kissed her, "There. I'll do that in front of everyone."

She blushes furiously and even screamed like most girls. "Really!? Wow I cant wait for tomorrow!"

"Me too. Good night, Cheska. I love you."

She smiled, closed her eyes, and hugged me. "Good night, David."

And we kissed each other good nights.