Chapter 23: The Purging

David POV

As we were on the middle of the classes on Monday morning, someone knocked on the door. Ms. Ohara opened it and I felt a strong power. Every hair on my body stood up. Cheska felt it too and she casted the Seal. She went on Flame Haze mode.

"Who are you?", she asked fiercely. A blonde woman with blue eyes wearing casual clothes were standing on the doorway.

"Dark Angel.", her voice were slightly deep, those types of person who's very serious. "Come outside. I challenge you to a duel."

"What on earth are you talking about!?", Cheska flared up. "And what are you?"

"Calm down, Flame-Haired Hunter.", she said and brew a heavy air around.

"Merrehen!?", Alastor suddenly spoke with utmost shock. "Your presence being here means.."

"Please don't state my business yet.", said Merrehen calmly. "Now, go outside and we shall settle things."

"Wait!", I shouted but she suddenly dissapeared. Then we saw her on the window. I couldn't believe what I saw. She has angelic wings, wearing an armor, and wielding a single sword.

"An Angel!?", both me and Cheska exclaimed.

"Alastor, you better explain this to us.", said Cheska.

"It was Archangel Merrehen, the Legendary Strategist of the Gods. She was with us as we fought with the demons during the 1st Holy War. She is, no doubt, the highest ranking Angel on Heaven second only to Metraton who is the leader among Archangels. I didn't think that she would appear so soon.."

I went out of the room into the window.

"David!", Cheska shouted as I jumped and activated my dark wings and summoned my dark garments and sword.

Merrehen smiled darkly and spread her wings wide. A yellow aura emanates from her. "Come, Dark Angel. Prove your worth to us!"

She charged at me along with a very powerful force on her sword.

"Hell yeah, I will! Its time to test my newfound powers.", I surged with lightning bolts and meet her attack.  We collided and the ground below us cracked.

"Hoho. Not bad, kiddo.", Merrehen said as she suddenly dissapeared.

I am still being so amazed at my powers. I feel so limitless!

She suddenly appeared behind me and tried to slash me but I teleport more faster than her. I went behind her back and striked her with thunder bolts. She grunted and retaliated back.

Soon we exchanged powerful attacks, but I dont know why the hell I am holding back.

"What's wrong Dark Angel?", she asked as we continued on parrying each other's attack. "I can't believe this is everything you can do!"

That's what triggered me to feel a bit of hatred and suddenly it wasn't me who's controlling my own movements. It feels like a phenomenal amount of hatred just came out of me and were commanding my body to destroy everything. "ARRRRGGHH!!"

I blasted her with extreme thunderbolts and didn't stop. "Thousand Slash of Death."

I fused thunderbolts on my sword and tried to overpower her slow maneuvers and attack patterns.

"D-Damn it.", she grunted as she were reaching her limit.

I raised both my swords and gathered massive thunders on it. It banged and shook the whole world. Everything around me where being reduced to dust. Cheska were shouting from the distance to calm down. But for some reason I can't hold my powers back anymore.