Chapter 12: Hellos and Goodbyes.

I am quite surprised to know that Yuki's house is on the same direction as mine. So we talked a lot of things. I opened up a lot to her, my past, my identity as a ninja that she was so amazed with, and I even pointed our house to her. She said that she cant believe we're just neighbors!

"Woah. Is that really true?", as I looked at the house just in front of us. From what I remember it was empty a few days ago.

"Yeah!", giggled Yuki. "This is actually the house of my aunt. But since she bought a new house at Hokkaido, our family decided to settle here. I cant believe you live just there!"

We couldn't help but smile on each other.

"Well, this is so nice. You'll get to hear a lot of shouts from my sister, haha."

Then Yuki looked at the ground and shyly said, "Umm David. Can I go to your house sometimes?"

"Of course! Me and my sister were the only ones inside. We get a little lonely sometimes. Sure! We will welcome you anytime you like.", I said and she giggled again.

"If thats the case, i'll go there tomorrow since its the weekend!"

I nodded happily and she waved me good bye as she entered the gate of their house.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Onii-chan!!", shouted Mina and she hugged me while wailing.

"Whats wrong?"

"I heard what happened to Cheska-nee. Is she going to be alright?", she asked with teary eyes.

I nodded, "Dont worry. Its not so serious. The serious thing of all is that me and Cheska were forbidden to see each other anymore."

"WHAT!?", she shouted again and wailed. "Oh no! She was so nice to me."

"I know I know.", I sighed. "We cant do anything about that. I'll get dinner ready. And Mina, we'll have another guest tomorrow."

"Yaaay! I bet its another girl."

"Umm. Yeah.", how did she knew about that?

Mina smiled wickedly, "I saw you with another girl earlier. I was peeping on the door gap you know. The girl next door huh? I hope she's nice like the others."

I smiled at her and patted her head, "Dont worry. She's actually more nicer than my other friends, and she also cooked your brother a lunch box. Her name is Yuki Minahara."

"Yuki-nee huh? I cant wait to play with her!", said Mina happily.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While I was in bed, I kept on thinking about Cheska. I wonder how she's doing out there. I hope she's just fine.

No.

Her dad probably brainwashed her into forgetting about me. She's probably on the process of forgetting about me. Her dad cant accept me, so she dont really have a choice. Her dad might even separate our sections or transfer one of us to another school.

One thing that Mr. Villamore made me realize today.

I do not deserve Cheska and I will never be good enough for him and his daughter. Im a nobody.

Gah!

These thoughts are killing me. I think i'll just sleep and let things happen the way they were meant to be.

My phone rang and I checked it. With my hands trembling, hoping that it was Cheska, I opened the message. It was from her!

Im so sorry David. But we can't be together anymore. So im breaking our friendship from now on. Good luck and.. good bye. Thank you for everything you have done for me. You're just not good enough for me, nor I am to you.

Tears went out of my eyes and I dropped the phone on the floor.

I could never forget about this day. This day that made my heart broke so much that I cried the whole night, clutching my chest. Because it hurts a lot.

It really hurts...

That night, I feel so numb and emotionless after my glands could no longer produce tears.

Then my phone  rang again. Without looking at it, I picked it up. It was Yuki. Her first text to me.

Hi David! Its me, Yuki! Sorry I stayed up late again hahaha. I was busy writing a story. Anyway, I hope you're sleeping well now. Honestly, I wanted to stalk you on your window to see how you're doing! Hihihi. ^^
I am always here. I'll visit you tomorrow morning. Dont bother cooking anymore. I'll bring breakfast for the two of you there. Well, gotta sleep now. Good night David! I'll see you in dreamland.

After reading her message, a smile formed on my face and I suddenly went to sleep.

At least there's still someone who cares about me. I promise, with all my might, that I am not going to lose her like Cheska. I cant afford to lose a friend anymore. Thats why i'll do my best, to take care of what we have, Yuki.

I honestly dont know what I will do if you're not with my life at this very moment. I am glad, you're there when no one was there to catch me when all I did was save everyone.

I promise i'll take care of the friendship we built together this day, Yuki.