Chapter 9: Betrayal

Cheska POV

"Honey!!", I saw David falling from the skies after his powerful lightning jutsu earlier. But its kind of weird that we switched places. Something had passed over him and I dont know what it is, it was too dark around because of the thick thunder clouds above that blocked the sun. I flew as fast as I can to catch him but even me were also losing consciousness.

"I've got to.. MAKE IT!", I shouted and forced myself to stay conscious. A few seconds... almost there..

"David..", I said weakly as my flame wings deactivated. I managed to catched him but then we fell to the leaves and branches of the trees below that somehow softened the impact of our landing. The last thing I saw before my eyes closed is that David is just by my side and there is blood coming out of his mouth. He smiled weakly and said, "Cheska.. I.. love.. you.."

============

I woke up at my father's hospital later. When I remembered all that happened, I sat upright, "David!!"

My body cringed from pain, but I search around. He wasnt here! "Damn it."

I removed all the things that were attached to me and weakly went outside. "Cheska!", said my Mom with shock. "Why did you get out of your bed?"

"Mom! Where's my boyfriend!?", I shouted. I was too worried about him. Mom bowed her head sadly.

"WHERE IS HE!?", I yelled and I almost collapsed. Mom helped me back on my bed. Tears went out of my eyes seeing my mother's sad expression.

"Cheska, David is now on the Emergency Care Unit. The doctors and your dad are trying hard to bring him back. His chest were too damaged. We suspect that something sharp had pierced his body and went through him. If you look at his chest, you can see a hole as big as a coin."

I cried and wailed. Mom hugged me. "David had protected all of us, Cheska. You and him together."

"M-Mom.. dont tell me.. he'll die?", I stuttered badly. My whole body was shaking so hard from sadness and fear.

"My dear girl.. he was hit on the chest which is a vital part on the human body. We found both of you on the forest and David's blood where all over. It is likely.. that he'll die."

"Oh mom..", I cried and cried all over her. "I failed to protect him after all.. he may have died just to protect me by switching places while I should be the one on the ECU."

"Yes, he did protected you.", said Mr. Yuji as he entered the room. "He used the teleportation switch technique and catched the spear. It went right through him."

"Mr. Yuji im so sorry!", I cried. He approached me with a kind, but sad smile and tapped my shoulders.

"Its not your fault, Cheska. My son chose it wholeheartedly to sacrifice himself to protect you. It was the scheme of the enemy to tire both of you out and kill you. But they didnt know that David had a skill like that. Their plan backfired, but all the way it wasnt good for us. David.. is now on Death's doorsteps."

After I while I fainted on my bed.

"Honey.. dont leave.. me.."

==================

Yuki POV

I was lashing a fiery leash upon the demons out of my anger.

"FOOLS! I ORDERED YOU TO KILL THE FLAME HAZE, CHESKA!!", I was rampaging around the castle grounds. "NOT DAVID!! OF ALL THE PEOPLE!!!"

"So I guess killing Francheska is clearly impossible if David is around.", said Lucia. "What are you going to do now, Yuki, now that David is dying?"

"I dont know. But if he dies, nothing will matter to me."

I conjured purple flames and rained them down on the demons, "I WILL KILL FRANCHESKA AND EVERYONE MYSELF ONCE HE DIES!"

=============

David POV

Where.. am I?

I woke up in a place of pure white and nothingness. "Am I.. dead?"

I gasped when I saw Yuki running towards me. "Yuki?"

"David! So you're safe?"

"I dont know.. but I want to know why you sold your soul to a demon goddess?", I asked and she bowed her head down.

"Lucia promised me the most important thing in my heart. She promised that if I give my body, she'll grant me a wish."

I approached her but she was a bit scared, "Where am I?"

"You're in the realm of both the living and the dead.", she replied. "I am talking directly to your spirit because I was worried that you might have been killed instead of Cheska."

"Im going back, Yuki.", I turned my back. "I wont talk to someone who abandoned the memories of her friends and succumbed to darkness because things didnt go the way she wants them!"

I faced her, "Im not happy that you did this to us. You betrayed our trust! I believed that you'll stay with me no matter what! You promised me that, remember!?"

"I just.. want you to be with me.. not her.", she cried. "I know what im doing, but my desperation overcame my heart. I love you and I want to be with you.. forever."

"But we could still be together, Yuki!", this time I was crying too. "We can always stay together! Because we are friends! Yet you yourself are distancing yourself from us, from me too! If only you didnt do that.. then we should all be having fun together instead of killing each other!"

"I dont care what you say!", Yuki yelled. "I have already made my mind to give my body so we can live together!"

"That will never happen, Yuki. Unless you go back on our side, I will never go anywhere with you. Its a shame that we all put our faith in you. And more importantly, I CAN NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR TRYING TO KILL CHESKA!"

I clenched my fist, "You betrayed her trust. She highly thinks of you as her best friend, and I think of you the same way. But you have all betrayed us! You have betrayed my feelings for you and you have betrayed your feelings for us because you're too selfish!"

Yuki sagged to the floor and cried.

"Forget it, Yuki. I will not go anywhere with you the way you are now.", I said as I started walking away from her. "And I promise you, you will never hurt Cheska as long as i'm alive to protect her!"