Chapter 4: Cheska's Concern

David POV

Once I am sure that Mina is asleep, I quietly went to my study table and unplugged my phone.

My friends notified me of their own number. This is great! I can be in touch with them anytime.

I checked my inbox. Cheska has many texts.

"David! How are you? This is my phone number. Text me whenever you feel so okay?"

"Have you took dinner already, David? Eat lots okay? I will be eating now together with my parents!"

"Why havent you texted me at all? :("

I smiled at all her texts and I replied, "Im so sorry Cheska. I had to take care of my little sister. She's asleep now."

After a minute she replied,

"Finally! You texted me =) so you have a little sis? *giggles* And you take care of her? Alone?"

"Yes, Cheska. Our parents were away for the moment and I am in charge of all the chores here. Right now I am planning of doing advance studies for tomorrow."

Its been a while since Cheska replied, "Sorry David for replying late. My dad almost caught me texting you hihihi ^^ I am also studying now. You are so different from any other boys.."

"I see. Is it bad, Cheska? :("

"No, no! Not at all, David! Actually I am so happy about it. I mean, not everyone can be so smart, caring, and brave like you."

I really blushed at what she said. I decided to tell her that we should study now.

"Cheska, why dont we study now?"

"Okay, David. I wont lose to you tomorrow, I promise =)"

And so I reviewed for the subjects that will be taken tomorrow. I won't lose to her no matter what.

As I was busy reviewing, I received a text message again from Cheska.

"Umm, David. Can I see your little sis tomorrow? I really want to. ^.^ I just got an info that her name is Mina Lee."

"Huh? And how on earth did you knew her name so fast?", I asked while thinking. There is something mysterious about this girl that makes me both amazed and scared.

"Hehe. It's a secret, David! ;P"

I smiled and replied, "Well of course you can. I'll let you see her after school."

"Thats great! Thank you so much! Now, back to studies..", said Cheska.

I smiled again and resumed my work. After half an hour Cheska texted me again. Its very weird for her to keep on sharing her time with me.

"David? Lets call it a night. Im tired. Im gonna sleep now. See you tomorrow!"

"Okay Cheska. Good night and sweet dreams!"

After the last text message I sent her, I also became sleepy. I should rest now..

I fixed all the things that will be needed tomorrow and turned off the lights.

I lied beside Mina and pulled a blanket over me. Once again I kissed her on the forehead and I closed my eyes.

-----------

My alarm clock rang at 4:00 AM. I shut it and rubbed my eyes. I sat on the bed, thinking about why the heck should I get up early again. Then it came to my mind that today is the second day of school. So I get up and put the alarm clock beside Mina. Its very hard to wake her up every morning..