Chapter 14: Wings of Freedom

David POV

I bid Ryo and our masters goodbye when we have all eaten at the dining room of the mansion and also with our friends.

"I'll rush here as soon as I detect another distortion.", said Ryo. He sure have changed a lot. "And David, most of all, I would like to repent on my sins especially for taking the life of your childhood friend, Karen."

"Dont worry about it, I have already forgiven you the moment you decided to change and help us.", I replied and we shook hands again.

"Someday, i'll save my mother from the darkness too. You do the same for your friend, Yuki.", he said and started walking away with Master

"You had made me proud as your mentor.", said Master Yukihiro and ruffled my hair. "You've become so strong. Come visit the Shadow Order sometimes for a training session with our ninjas."

I bowed, "Thank you, sensei."

"Cheska, please take care of him.", he said finally and they all teleported. I wonder why I still can't master that technique. That teleportation switch I did on Cheska were only performed by my adrenaline rush. Even Ryo could do it now.

"Well, its time to go.", said Kyosuke as he yawned. "I cant believe there's still classes tomorrow!"

"Of course, silly. Cheska had done a good job protecting every structure on the school.", said Ayumi and pinched his arm.

Cheska and I laughed. We also bid them goodbye. Then, when no one else was there, Cheska held my hand. I smiled and together we went inside the mansion.

==================

"Nooo!", yelled Mina as she was being tugged by Mom and Dad out of our room. "I want to sleep with my.. oniichan!"

"Mina, this is their private room!", said Mom.

Mina kept on fighting with them and I smiled, "Mina, give me this night. Tomorrow, the three of us will sleep here. How's that?"

Its a good thing that she's weakened from her earlier technique on protecting the mansion and her sleepiness. She smiled and closed her eyes, "You.. promised me that.. oniichan.."

She fell asleep on mom's hands and they sighed.

"David, you and Cheska have a good night okay?", said Mom as she handed Mina over to Dad.

"You too, Mom.", I said and hugged her. They have decided that they will stay here on the mansion in order to look for us in the future. Seeing me dead alarmed them so much.

I closed the door. Then, I kissed Cheska that surprised her. She giggled afterwards, "I missed you so much."

She hugged me and I did the same to her. She was crying hard. "I thought i'll never see you again. I thought i'll never receive a kiss and hug from you. But miraculously, you are here. And nothing can make me more happier."

I lift her up on my arms and put her on the bed. She blushed as I kissed her forehead. "I am here now, honey. I said I dont want to see you sad again, right?"

I wiped her tears and she hugged me, "You promise me that you'll always stay by my side and never leave me again."

I stroked her hair gently, "I promise, i'll never leave you alone again. Im so sorry that you had to go through so much sadness. But its all over. I am here now, given another chance to make you happy. I love you so much honey."

"I love you so much too, honey.", she replied with a kiss and a sweet smile. "I always have."

I switched the chandelier off and put my clothes off. Cheska also did the same as we lie on the bed and made love to each other to make up for our sadness as we are almost separated by fate until we get tired and fell asleep.

=========================

I opened my eyes the next day and looked around. The sun were peering through the gaps of the window and Cheska were sleeping cutely beside me. I patted her head and get dressed.

I opened the curtains and smiled. I am so glad I am still able to live and see how beautiful the world is. I promise now that i'll make the most out of it.

"Honey?", Cheska called sleepily.

"Good morning honey.", I smiled and hugged her. "We're so late at school now."

Someone were knocking at the door. "Oniichan."

I went to the door and opened it. She was already on her school uniform. "Oniichan,  aren't you going to school?"

"Sorry Mina. I am just so tired and I want to rest for a bit. I will go to school by tomorrow."

"But, how about my lunch box?", she pouted.

"Well, I'll go and make you one later. Mr. Natsume will send it over to you at school. Okay?"

"You promise?

I nodded and she finally smiled. Mr. Natsume came and picked her bag.

"Take care of her, Mr. Natsume.", I said happily.

He bowed and smiled, "I will, sir. Have a nice day."

"Bye, oniichan!", Mina said as they went out of the chamber.

I closed the door again and joined Cheska on the bed.

"I feel so tired, honey.", she said and hugged me. "Let's just rest for today. I messaged my dad about it just now. We're excused for now. He also said that your parents will now be working there at school permanently with the Flame Hazes to form another Outlaw branch since the school is like a magnet of disaster."

"You're right, honey. I'm so tired too. Tired from all these battles. I could really need a vacation.", I said.

Cheska didn't had enough sleep and rest since I died. I guess its not surprising. As for me, activating my Dark Angel powers seemed it took a lot of stamina out of me.

My stomach soon grumbled loudly and Cheska giggled. "My boyfriend is hungry huh? Come on lets go to the kitchen and eat breakfast."

And so we went there and we both ate like there is no tomorrow. We laughed at each other since we couldn't stand at all. Our tummies are so full.

"Cheska.. am I a monster?", I suddenly asked as I remembered what happened yesternight.

"Hmm? Why did asked such a weird question, honey?", she said as she washed the dishes. I helped her by drying them up.

"Because.. first, the Shadow Ninja.. second, the Dark Lightning, and now the Dark Angel. Just.. what the hell am I?"

Cheska wiped the tears that came out of my eyes.

"Honey..", I cried as Dark feathery wings came out of my back. "I.. Im scared of myself."

Cheska hugged me, "Honey, you're never a monster. You're the hero who saved my life several times and the others as well. If it wasn't for your powers, I wouldn't be here to hug you right now."

"But look at these wings.. they're so monstrous. I hate it."

Cheska picked one feather that came off and smiled, "They're not the wings of a monster."

"Then, what are they?"

"Angel wings! Do you even know what they represent, honey?", she asked. "Wings represents freedom for those who do not have it."

"Which means?", I asked and she kissed me.

"Honey, it means you have the unique role to be the one who will save this world from chaos. Don't worry. I will stay by your side until death. I promise. You will never be alone on your battles. I will be there to protect you. And I have faith that you'll be by my side and protect me under those wings of yours."

I smiled and cried. I hugged her so tight for a long time, "Thank you so much for accepting everything about me, honey. This is why I love you so much."