Chapter 11: Yuki Minahara

David POV

"Thank you so much, Minahara. Or should I call you, Yuki?", I said  as we were having a conversation on the rooftop of the high school building. Our class were dismissed due to the school's tantrum on Cheska's emergency case.

Yuki blushed, "Yes. You may call me by my first name. And can I call you by David?"

I smiled, "Yes of course. Thank you again. For that lunch box. It means a lot to me."

She giggled, "Hihihi. Its okay! I can make you one everyday if you like."

"Hahaha. Oh I would like to. But Cheska won't definitely like it.", I laughed softly to ease Yuki's tension.

"Yeah. What a bummer. But I am happy right now."

"Why?", I asked.

"Because..", Yuki blushed again. "I can speak directly to you now. That alone is enough for me."

I gestured my right hand for her to shake, "I see! In that case, then lets be friends!"

Yuki looked at me for a short while and she touched her face with her hand and the other that shook my hand.

"Just so you know, David.. You're my first friend here on Japan. I am.. really happy!"

I smiled at her and patted her head, "And you're one of my very first friends on Japan. I am glad to meet you, Yuki."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Cheska POV

When I woke up, I saw many faces around me.

"Oh my Cheska..", Dad hugged me and cried the moment I opened my eyes. There are so many teachers with him, several doctors, and my friends. Except David. Looks like im in the school clinic.

"Geez, dad. Im fine. You're killing me." And everyone laughed softly in relief.

Sakura hugged me, "We're so worried about you Cheska."

"Sakura.. where is..David? Why is he not here?", I asked.

"Oh. He's with Yuki right now on the rooftop. I dont know what they were talking about."

"WHAT!? HE'S WITH MINAHARA!?", I shouted and tried to get out of bed but my head suddenly aches like hell. "Darn.."

"Cheska, you should stay in bed for a while. We will transfer you to Dr. Villamore Hospital in just a few moments.", said the doctor.

"But why?", I said weakly. "This is not too serious. Besides, I need to see David."

"Cheska.", said my dad very seriously. "I forbid you being with that boy from now on."

I was very shocked at what I just heard. "BUT DAD! You cant do that to me! I.. LOVE HIM!!"

"Thats enough Cheska! I know what happened. He himself told me everything. I cant have that phenomenon happen again to my only child."

"But why cant I meet him!? Tell me why, dad!", I protested angrily and my head started again.

"Please calm down, Sir. It may worsen Cheska's case.", said the doctor."

"Because.. I cant let that emotion took over you again because of that love thing. I owe the boy a lot, but I care for you more than anything."

"But dad-"

"Thats enough Cheska! No more buts. You'll do what I say, or i'll transfer David to another school! Dont challenge me.", and he left the room.

"Dad! DAD!!", I desperately called for him but it was pointless. I cried and Sakura hugged me.

"Oh Sakura.. What am I supposed to do? I cant live without him! You know how much I love him..

"Cheska, all we can do for now, is just to wait what the future holds for the both of you. Dont worry. As you stay on the hospital, we are going to keep an eye for him."

I suddenly felt dizzy. I am so nervous and scared that Yuki might take him away from me. I told Sakura about that.

"David.. more than anything, I wish I could be by your side.. and to tell you that I.. love you.. so.. much.", then I immediately fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

David POV

"Yuki, its getting late now. Lets go home.", I happily said to Yuki after we talked about a lot of things that immediately brought us close to each other. I didn't told her about.. what Mr. Villamore told me earlier. About forbidding Cheska to see me from this day on.

"David? Whats wrong? Why are you crying?", asked Yuki as she noticed the tears coming out of my eyes. I just remembered the lunch box she made for me. It came to my mind.. that that might be the last thing I could ever have from her.

"I-its nothing.", I said to Yuki.

She looked at me and held my hand, "Please David. I know its about Cheska. What happened? We are friends now right? We can tell problems to each other. I want you to trust me, the way I trust you with all my heart."

"Okay..", and so I told her everything. She were silent for a while then hugged me. I blushed.

"Y-Yuki.."

"David, I am always here for you. Even if Cheska can't be with you, I am here. I can care for you the way she cared for you. And even more than that. Thats because I lo-"

Then she clapped her mouth, "I mean.. because I am your friend!"

I smiled and hugged her back. Then she blushed and giggled so much, "Oh David. Dont touch me like that. I might pass out."

I laughed softly, "Haha. Yeah okay."

She smiled too and looked at me directly in the eye for the first time, "Thank you for saving me back then. You're my hero."

I was too preoccupied by her eyes that I didnt hear what she said clearly, "What was that again?"

She blushed and dragged me out of the rooftop since it is getting dark.

"Oh you're a dummy! Lets go home, David! Hihihi."

"Wait! You really dont have to drag me, Yuki! Hahaha."

I am glad.. that I have a new very special friend named Yuki Minahara. Cheska may be gone for my life for a while, but I will wait for her since she's also very special to me.