Chapter 29: A Royal Lunch

David POV

I and Cheska went back to the main hall of the mansion after some exploration. The main hall is the large, grand room we saw just the moment I entered this mansion. I was lead by Cheska on the right wing of the mansion where a royal corridor leads to many room that I do not know what for until we stopped on a large, crimson door. The maids opened it and I gasped.

Their dining room, no. A dining HALL is big as my house! A large table with purple mat on it was laden with so MANY foods!

"Since it is already 11:30 AM, we decided to make lunch early. Mom and Dad will be busy soon and they wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to eat with you, David.", Cheska said cheerfully.

Oh right. Cheska toured me on the entire mansion and it took us hours, not minutes. I took so many pictures with her. This mansion is like a palace that you can get lost when someone wasn't guiding you. Every area here is like made of heavenly material. Honestly, I feel like the outside world looks dumb compared to this single mansion. The hours of walking made my feet ache and my stomach so hungry. I wish I had eaten breakfast..

Cheska held my hand and we walked towards Mr. Jiro who were sitting on the end of the table at the grandest seat and Ms. Kazumi beside him. The large chandelier above us makes everything glow with life and bounty.

Mr. Jiro smiled and stood. I stammered and could not manage to say anything.

He spread his arms wide and smiled, "Welcome to our abode, David. I am glad you made it here."

I am still stuttering so bad, "M-m-my p-p-pleasure.. umm.. Lord Jiro."

He laughed and pointed at a seat, "Oh David. You dont have to address me like some lord. Please, have a seat with our daughter."

"Okay..", I said VERY nervously. If it wasn't for Cheska walking me around, I wouldn't be able to move at all. I think just to be inside such a royal house is enough to fill me with anxiety that can kill.

We sat and I whispered to Cheska, "Psst!"

"Hmm? What is it, David?"

"Cheska.. umm.. please.", Damn! I cannot control myself.

She smiled, "You want me to take care of you?"

I blushed, "H-how did you know?"

She giggled, "Of course. I had some training too, you know. I can tell what people were thinking based on their behavior."

Ms. Kazumi smiled at me and said, "Make yourself at home, lad. You are our guest, so we will accommodate you with our greatest hospitality."

I forced a polite smile, "Th-thank you.. so much for this. I-it was such.. umm.. an honor to be h-here."

Cheska and Mr. Jiro winked at each other and they both giggled softly. What are they up to?

He stood and called the maids to join us on our meals. I see. So those maids! They could have a hundred of them and the reason why this house has many rooms is that they occupy it. This mansion must be really busy that they need maids so much.

"Oh, David! Please wait for a moment!", she said as she stood.

"Wait, Cheska!"

I was embarrassed when I actually pulled her hand as she tried to went away.

Her parents smiled and giggled. I blushed and removed my hand immediately. "Oh! I am so sorry."
I apologized to her parents and bowed my head.

Mr. Jiro laughed and said, "No worries, David. Cheska has prepared something for you. Something special."

Cheska were touching her face and looked away. "David! Wait for me here okay?"

And she ran towards another room, which I think is a kitchen.

While waiting, I watched how the maids sat and ate with so much discipline. Wow. They must have gone through intense training.

"David, tomorrow your family will come, right?", asked Ms. Kazumi. "I can't wait to meet Shana."

I nodded, "Yes, ma'am. I wish they could have more time to tell me stories about your childhood memories."

"Well, David. Your parents are so talented like you.", said Mr. Jiro proudly. "We had so much memories together. Of course, our most unforgettable moments was when your dad, Yuji, captivated both Kazumi and Shana's heart."

"Sir Jiro, was it.. hard for my dad to make a descision?"

Mr. Jiro looked at me meaningfully, "I see. You must have known by now that you are in the same situation as your dad."

I nodded slowly.

Ms. Kazumi said, "David. Me and Shana both learned at that time the most important thing when it comes to three-sided love."

I looked at her, "And that is?"

"When you do not know what to do, if your brain cannot form a descision, listen to your heart. It will tell you what to do.", she said with so much grace.

"That's right, my lad.", said Mr. Jiro and ruffled my hair. "You are facing a hard situation, but know this. When the time comes that they really confess their feelings for you, respect them, and answer them honestly. Because those girls, Cheska and Yuki, cares for you more than anyone could ever do right at this moment. They even stayed all night and day just to see you wake up on the hospital. They cried, and prayed for your safety."

Thats it. Tears went out of my eyes. I was touched by them. But when I imagine that time that I should answer them, one of them will get hurt.. and I do not want to lose even one of them. They are so special to me. But.. I do not know what to do..

I was wiping my tears when I heard Cheska beside me. "David! Oh my gosh, why are you crying?"

I gasped. I did not noticed her presence! Normally I should be able to sense her. But how? How did she arrived so fast? This girl sure has a lot of concealed skills!

Cheska looked so worried that she wiped my tears with her hands. "What happened?"

I blush and forced a smile, "No, Cheska. It was nothing. I was just touched about your parent's story about their past. Oh, what a lovelife.."

Cheska smiled and put a plate in front of me. It has a metal cover on it. "I made it for you, David. Go on, open it."

I opened it and I gasped the moment I smelled its heavenly odor!

"Wow! This is my favorite food in the Philippines! Oh, I love Adobo so much.", I said with my mouth craving. "How did you know about this?"

Cheska giggled and sat beside me.

"Just so you know, David. Your mom and Cheska were once a teacher and student. We also trained her to be a cook. Me and Shana taught her and now, she is a professional and international chef. Your mom has taught her a recipe that she specializes. She told us that it was the favorite meal of her son. Cheska mastered that recipe, in the hopes that you and her will meet someday."

"Whoa! Wow. Perfect girls do really exists in this world.", I said and I picked a spoon and fork.

Cheska blushed and pushed me slightly, "Oh, you."

"Itadakimasu!!", I said and I started eating.

Cheska and her parents also started eating.

I can almost cry at how delicious Cheska cooked this Adobo. I wanted to eat like a bear and devour this in minutes, but since I am in a royal mansion I MUST be ethical.

This is the best lunch I ever had in my life!