Chapter 15: Stay by my Side

David POV

"Lets go back now, Yuki.", I said to her as we finished our lunch. Its about time for our next class. She nodded happily and together we went back.

But as we were about to go down the stairs, Cheska were blocking our way.

I tried to get past her, but she pulled me back with little strength. I was so shocked that I almost lost my footing on the stairs. Sakura was with her. I wonder what she's up to now?

"David. Lets talk. Yuki, please leave us alone for a moment.",  she said with authority on her voice like her dad. Somehow it pisses me off.

"No! You don't have the right to talk to him anymore, Cheska. After what you texted him last last night!? I dont want David to get expelled so please just leave us alone!", yelled Yuki. I saw her fury for the first time. Even Cheska looked shocked.

"You think you didnt hurt him?", Yuki continued while bracing my arm. "You think he didnt cry on what he just read!? Did you ever realized how much pain that simple text message brought upon his heart!? Have you imagined Mina crying on that day when she saw her brother's swollen eyes from crying too much when they woke up?"

Cheska remained silent while holding my other arm. She was looking down.

Yuki were now crying, "Just how dare you to hurt my best friend like that. He cares for you more than anything. He did everything to save your life!"

"Be silent.", ordered Cheska. "You dont know anything about me and David!"

"So what if I don't?", challenged Yuki. "You'll expell us? Go on! You and your dad think we're scared? Even if we went to the court, you dont have enough reason to expell a student like that. And FYI, we will be glad to leave such a school with evil leaders!"

There was silence for a while until we heard Cheska sobbing.

"Lets go, Yuki.", I said as I tried to go away. But Cheska hugged me.

"Please! Dont go away.", she begged with teary eyes, like she wanted to say something from the tip of her tongue but something's holding her back.

"Cheska, im sorry. Tell your dad that me and my sister were going to drop on this school. We're going back to the Philippines in a few days. We're just arranging our passports. I cant stay here, knowing that the owner itself and his daughter having grudges on me. My dad said that our security might be on the line, so he agreed upon returning me back to the Philippines."

Cheska cried even more. I pity her so much.

"You're confusing me Cheska. Which annoys me even more. Why did you sent that text message to me, then here you are now crying over my body, begging me not to leave?", I asked. "Im hurt. You know why? Because after all this time, I thought you're the one I can trust the most since you are my first very special friend. But.. what you did to me? How your dad repayed me?"

I looked at her directly in her pleading eyes, "It hurts, Cheska. Not even a ninja can bear the pain on his heart caused by someone he values."

"Lets go David. We'll be late for classes.", said Yuki as she grabbed my arm. But Cheska grabbed the other and sobbed.

"No. Dont take him away from me..", she mumbled slowly and miserably. Sakura couldnt do anything but watch.

"CAN'T YOU JUST STAY OUT OF OUR LIVES LIKE YOU WANTED, CHESKA!? WE'RE DOING WHAT YOU WANTED! WHY CANT YOU STOP BOTHERING HIM!?", shouted Yuki with all her might. Her voice echoed on the silent corridors.

After a few minutes the hall were filled of curious students and teachers.

"Whats all the ruckus here?", said a male teacher.

I looked at Cheska and she suddenly looked dizzy. She fell from my body and said, "David im so sorry. Stay by my side. Dont leave me. I lo.."

She said something after that but its too weak for me to hear. She fainted. I wonder what she said.

"Sir?", I said to the male teacher earlier. "Could you please send her to the clinic? I am not allowed to associate with her by Dr. Villamore himself."

"Right away. Clear out of the way, students!", he yelled as he immediately lifted Cheska and sent her to the clinic.

"David, here's my new phone number.", Sakura gave a little piece of paper to me. "If ever you want to tell something, please contact me. Good bye."

As she said that final word as she left with the teacher, I felt my heart being hammered to sheets again. My friends are being so distant and distant..

I was about to cry on the spot because I couldnt do anything for Cheska. I dont have authority here. I have orders from the president himself not to talk to her daughter or any other form of having connection. He himself suggested that I transfer to other schools.

But it stopped when Yuki smiled at me and held my hand, "Im here, David. Im by your side. Lets go fetch Mina, and go home."

"Yuki? Why would you drop too? Dont you want to stay here?", I asked as we walked for the elementary building.

"Nah. I dont like it here. And besides..", she blushed again. "I wanted.. to be with you. Since you're my very first best friend. Im serious about this. I want to be wherever you are. I promised you that you wont be alone anymore no matter what, right?"

I nodded happily. She smiled and held my hand tighter.

"Just trust me, David. I'll be with you wherever you want. As long as you want me.."

"To stay by my side, right?", I happily finished her sentence. "Dont worry. I have always wanted that. Since you are my very first best friend too, remember?"

"How did you know what I was about to say? Are you pulling another ninja stunt or something?", blushed Yuki and we laughed softly.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While the three of us were walking home, Yuki said something right when we're on the front of our house. All the way here, from the school, we're just silent. Thinking about what will happen next.

"David?"

"Hmm?"

"I want you to promise me. When you make a descision, i'll be the first to know."

I looked at her directly in her blue eyes and said, "Yes I promise. No matter what happens, i'll be here for you too."

Yuki smiled and pecked me on the cheeks with her lips. Oh men! That was very sudden.

"See ya, David! Just text me via phone okay? Be a good boy. Hihi.", she said as she left me standing there touching the part where she kissed me.

"Hey oniichan.", interrupted Mina. "Why are you blushing so much when she kissed you?"

"Huh? Am I blushing"

"Yeah you idiot oniichan! Anyway, lets go home!", she said cheerfully as she dragged me on our apartment door.

The things that are about to happen next, only time can tell. But i'll stay by the side of the people who loves me no matter what.