Chapter 5: Invaluable and Irreplaceable Friends

David POV

I just finished parking my bike when I heard someone calling me. I turned around and I saw Cheska running towards me. She just came out of a very expensive and cool car! She's wearing a white blouse with a red cloth wrapped in a crossed manner. She has a dark skirt with black knee-high socks. That is the regular school uniform of the girls. I just wear a plain white polo with black shoes and pants.

"David!", she said as she happily approached me.

"Oh, its you Cheska. Good morning! Does that car belongs to your family?"

We went towards our classroom and we walked together.

"Yes. Well, actually we have lots of cars. Some were just parked on our show room. Dad likes cars so much he has the hobby of collecting them."

"I see. You must be really rich huh?", I said in amazement.

"David, I and my dad wants to thank you for what you did yesterday. I am so grateful for what you did."

I blushed once again. She just smiled brightly until we reached our classroom. We went to our respective seats. There are our other classmates. And there's Kyosuke and Yoshiko!

"Yo, David!", greeted Kyosuke.

"Good morning, guys.", I replied.

I put my bag beside my desk and we had conversation for a while. I looked at Cheska and I caught her looking at me. She looked away swiftly and resumed on reading her book.

Then a girl not very far from where I sit approached me. She has a long orange hair, has a pair of brown eyes, and she looks like the timid type. She must be a foreigner. Or she looks like one because of her strange accent and charisma.

"U-umm. Lee-san. Good morning.", she said. For some reason she's not looking at me directly in the eyes.

"Good morning too. Nice to meet you! May I know your name?", I asked.

"My name.. is Yuki Minahara. Umm.. A half british and Japanese. I just want to have your phone number. I watched what you did yesterday. You were so amazing. Just so you know, many girls are also into you. And I want to be the first fan who'll ever get your number. Hihihi.", she said very shyly.

I saw her sparkling eyes. She's also cute. Oh men..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheska POV

What is this? Some girl were approaching David like this? And she's requesting for his phone number!?

I should do something! David can't be with other girls. Oh no, what am I supposed to do?

David is writing his phone number on Minahara's notebook! Damn it. I should do something..

But what should I do? I dont know what to do at all..

Minahara looks very happy now. Darn you!

I crumpled a bit of my paper. David looked at me. I blushed. He must have heard me!

Stupid Cheska! Stupid, stupid Cheska!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David POV

"Kyosuke, did you hear it?", I asked.

"Heard what?"

"I heard someone crumpling a paper."

Kyosuke looks very confused, "Huh? What are you saying, dude? I dont hear anything."

"Yeah me too.", said Yushiko.

I called Cheska, "Cheska?"

She looked surprised for a while then she looked at me, "Oh? What is it, David?"

"Have you also heard something being crumpled?", I asked.

She shook her head, "No. Not at all."

"Weird. I must be watching too much horror movies I am getting paranoid and imaginative.", I said while scratching my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheska POV

Shoot! That was close.

I looked at Kyosuke and Yushiko. They winked at me. I smiled and gave them a thumbs up. If it wasn't for them David would have think the other way. It was almost very obvious that I was the one who did it.

I secretly stared at Minahara who was now daydreaming on David's handwriting.

"You wont get him away from me.", I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David POV

So the class started after a few more minutes. As expected, Cheska and I were determined not to lose to each other. We did our best impressing our teacher and later I learned that my name is now known throughout the whole campus.

Lunch time

So me and my friends were here altogether on our classroom, eating our box lunches.

Cheska went beside me the instant the prayer ended. We formed a long table using our desks and we settled.

I took my lunch box out of my bag. Cheska and the others also did the same.

As we were eating, Cheska asked something.

"David? Are you the one who prepared that lunch box?"

I nodded happilly, "Yes of course. Mina cant cook at all. So I have to be the one to prepare our breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

"Wow that's amazing, David!", said Sakura. "Yushiko can't cook anything at all."

"Oh come on.", said Yushiko and we laughed for a bit.

"Speaking of Mina, can I really see her?", asked Cheska.

"Of course. Later after classes let's visit her before she enters the school bus."

"Can we also come and see her, David?", asked Ayumi.

I nodded, "Yes you can of course. I'll introduce all of you to her. She'll be happy."

"It will be soon before I became her onee-chan", Cheska whispered.

*onee-chan means big sister in Japanese

The classroom were too noisy so I didnt hear what she just said.

"Hm? Did you say something, Cheska? I didnt hear it because of the noise around us.", I said to her.

Her face reddened and resumed on eating, "Oh! Nothing! Nothing at all! Eat your lunch now."

I looked at my friends and it looks like they heard what Cheska said.

"Haven't you heard it?", asked Kyosuke having a hard time keeping his face straight.

"No. I didnt hear anything edible.", I replied.

"Well, Cheska said something. She said that-", but Ayumi suddenly inserted a sushi inside Kyosuke's mouth so he could not finish his sentence.

"Well, I guess my earwax needs to be removed. My ear is getting dumber and dumber every day.", I said that made everyone on the table laugh so hard. I was embarassed at first, but then I laughed along with them. Then Kyosuke choked while still laughing. Ayumi gave him water and we laughed even more.

"I could take them out for you if you want me to.", offered Cheska.

"Hahaha. No thanks, Cheska! It will embarass me. I'll have Mina do that for me."

I caught Cheska smiling at me and when she saw me she looked away.

So these are my friends. They are my invaluable and irreplaceable treasures. Nothing can ever replace them from fulfilling my life with happiness.