Chapter 2: Cheska's Identity

So this is it. I entered the room while sweating nervously. Everyone was looking at me. I just looked away from their eyes as I search for a seat. I saw Cheska sitting between two girls. She was smiling at me. I blushed and kept my embarrassment inside. A guy waved at me and pointing on a empty seat. I immediately went there and settled. I gave the guy who helped me a thumbs up, "Thanks, man."

He returned it, "No problem. By the way, my name is Kyosuke. Kyosuke Himura. Nice to meet you."

"My name is David Lee. Nice meeting you too.", I said and looked at the teacher in front. She looks very stern.

Then another guy beside me whispered, "Hey, are you new here? You look so pale. Whats wrong?"

I shook my head and forced a smile, "Ah yes. I am new here. I guess its natural right?"

"Yeah. I heard that you're David. I am Yushiko Minakaze.", he extended his arm and I shook it.

Wow. They sure looks friendly! I want many friends in my life. I didnt have so many friends at Philippines. I isolated myself from others because I lose my trust to them. I didnt want to trust anymore. But now, I want to give another try. I'll try making friends again. I hope they wont use me like I am used before..

"Thanks, Kyosuke and Yushiko."

---------

"So what do you know about Chemistry?", our teacher in chemistry named Ms. Ohara asked. "What comes on your mind whenever you hear the word Chemistry?"

I raised my hand swiftly as well as Cheska. My classmates looked at us. Ms. Ohara called my name and I answered her question.

"Chemistry, the study of chemical reactions, matter, and their bonds."

My classmates clapped at my answer. I took a glance at Cheska and she looked very surprised.

The class goes on. I tried to give everyone a good impression and image on myself. And so far I am succeeding. But Cheska.. this girl.. is determined to keep up with me. I guess she's also one of the honor students. Then Kyosuke also joined, competing against me.

When the class ended, our teacher was very happy because of our participation. Ms. Ohara said that we should keep this up.

Recess time

My classmates were bustling out of the classroom. I sighed and fixed my things.

"David! You were so amazing! I didnt know you were so smart at Chemistry!", Cheska approached me and I reddened again. I looked away..

She has two friends beside her. And they look cute as her.

One of them pulled Yushiko from his seat, "Come on babe! Lets go to the canteen together!"

"Yes, Sakura..", sighed Yushiko.

Then Kyosuke said to the other girl beside Cheska, "I'll join you, Ayumi sweetheart."

Ayumi giggled and put her arms around Kyosuke's.

He smiled at me and said, "David, since you are new here, why dont you go with us? We'll show you around."

Cheska beamed and said, "That will be great! Come on, David! Lets go!"

I nodded happilly and so we went to the canteen.

----

As we were happilly eating on a table, I cant help blushing because I am beside Cheska. Kyosuke and Yushiko were with their own girls.

"What do you think, David?", asked Sakura.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

Ayumi laughed a little and nudged Kyosuke.