The Song That Changed Everything

Your P.O.V:

I was laying down on the couch in the living room while the girls were upstairs doing something that caused them to burst out laughing every 10 minutes.

I smile when I hear my girlfriend of 2 years laugh. I chuckle and walk towards the speakers, connecting my phone I start to play a song. I make sure its not to loud and I sit back down. Closing my eyes, I listen to the song... Why does it sound so familiar?

A lonely road,
Crossed another cold state line,
Miles away from those I love,
Purpose hard to find,
While I recall,
All the words you spoke to me,
Can't help it,
I wish that I was there,
Where I'd love to be,
Oh yeah,

I started to think about how Lauren and I have been together for two years now, and she still hasn't come out. It bothers me a little but... I love her, I'd rather be her big secret than be nothing at all.

Suddenly I felt two soft hand pull me up, I open my eyes to find that I'm face to face with the love of my life. She wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap mine around her waist.

Slowly we start to sway to the song. When I listen to the song I realize what song I'm actually listening to.

Dear god,
The only thing I ask of you,
Is to hold her when I'm not around,
When I'm much to far away,
We all need that person who can be true to you,
But I left her when I found her,
And now I wish I stayed,
Cause I'm lonely,
And I'm tired,
I'm missing you again,
Oh no,
Once again,

I start to remember why this sounds so familiar...

Lauren sang this song on a live stream once (not really), she secretly dedicated it to me because she knew I watched all of their live streams.

When she finished the song she texted me and told me she listens to this song when she's on tour.

This song is about how being on tour is difficult when your in love with someone that can't come with you.

I remember texting lauren back and telling her how much I love her.

I feel a hand touch my cheek and I snap back into reality. Lauren smiles at me and leans up to kiss me. I lean down and capture her lips in mine, It was sweet and passionate. I hear a click! of a camera and look over to see dinah taking a picture with laurens phone.

"What are you doing dj?" I ask and she just smiles.

"Lauren asked me to take a picture" she replies and I look at Lauren.

"I'm coming out" lauren answers and I look at her wide eyed.

"Are you sure?" I ask

"Positive, I've kept you a secret long enough." She says with a smile while grabbing her phone from dinah.

I sit down with lauren on the couch and she starts to type. After a few minutes I hear ping! from my phone. I raise an eyebrow as I lean over to grab it, in the corner of my eye I see lauren smiling widely.

When I open the notification, I feel my heart flutter.

(photo of you and lauren kissing)

@LaurenJaurgeui: This is Y/n, she has been in my life for two years now, and I couldn't be any happier. I have kept her secret from you all because I was afraid of how you all would react... But I finally convinced myself that I don't need your approval to date the love of my life. I love her to much to keep her a secret any longer, I'm sorry if you do not agree with this but I don't care what you think. I only care about the person that is sitting next to me right now.
I love you xoxox

I'm completely lost for words, I feel a tear run down my face and Lauren quickly wipes it away.

"By the way, dinah was the only one that knew of my plan." lauren says and I give her a confused look.

Suddenly we hear high pitched squealing and thumping of footsteps running down the stairs.

Realization hit me like a truck...or a camila.

Camila lands on me with a hug and I laugh while hugging her back.

I look at the rest of the girls who are now asking lauren a million questions, Lauren looks at me and we both smile.

This song changed everything.