The Pencil

Your P.O.V:

I was currently in English class, the last class of the day, and I feel a sudden tap on my shoulder. When the teacher turns her back I look behind me to see the most popular girl in school.
Lauren Jauregui.

"Yeah?" I whisper.

"Can I borrow a pencil? I swear I'll give it back." she says with a hopeful smile. I hide my blush and nod.

When I turn back around to grab an extra one I smile. I really like Lauren but she's everyone's dream girl, and shes straight. Also I'm invisible to everyone else so I'm just happy she talked to me.

When I turn back around, I hand her the pencil and smile.

"Keep it" I whisper and turn back around.

The bell rings and everyone, even the teacher, dashed out of the classroom. I start packing my stuff up when in the corner of my eye I see Lauren beside me and her group behind her by the door. I look up and smile at her.

"Hey Lauren what's up?" she smiles back and lightly blushes.

"I wanted to thank you for giving me your pencil. That was really sweet of you." she says.

"Its no problem Lauren, I over heard someone say that this was your favorite class so.." I smile at her and continue packing my stuff.

"Well thank you so much. Can I give you my number? So I can somehow repay you in the future." she asks. I look up to see her with a blush and a big smile on her face.

Before I could give her the the piece of paper with my number on it. Her boyfriend, brad, walks in. I quickly hide the paper in her pocket when brad gets distracted.

"Lauren! Come on, Lets go!" he says while walking over. When he notices me he slams my body into the side of the table and chuckles. I don't make a sound but I grip the desk in pain. I look to see dinah and ally, two from her group, glaring at him while the other two in her group, normani and camila, give me sad looks. What catches me off guard is a lauren, she is steaming mad and it looks like shes drilling holes into the back of brads head. I know that they all can't do anything because brads dad runs the school but I give them all a smile anyways and mouth 'its okay'.

"Well​, well, well, what a surprise! Its my punching bag! I'm surprised that your still standing since yesterday was pretty intense." He says as he smacks the middle of my back which causes me to take a knee. Luckily lauren was sick yesterday so she didn't see how bad it was. I groan and see the girls behind lauren, their holding her back. Brads back is still turned away from them so he doesn't know what's going on behind him.

My mind is buzzing with questions. She never gets angry when he hurts others when shes around, yeah she flinches when he hits them or gives him a glare when he wont stop, but this is different.

He grabs me by the back of my shirt and throws me on the ground. My head hits the corner of the table and I scream in pain while clutching the injury. He laughs and rolls his eyes.

"Come on y/l/n! That's all you can handle?" he looks out the window when something catches his eye and I see lauren trying to hit him with everything in sight. The girls are covering her mouth and ripping things out of her hands. When she looks at me, I shake my head and she calms down a bit.

The girls let go of her when brad was about to turn around and they all gave him a fake smile.

"Ready to go to the party babe?" he asks and I roll my eyes. I rest my head on the floor and listen.

"Actually the girls and I have a project to do for this class before we leave so I wont be able to make it." she states calmly.

"Alright cool. See you guys later" he turns around and as he's passing by he gives me one swift stomp in the stomach.