Running

Your P.O.V:

I'm fucking pissed.

I was going to ask Lauren,the most popular girl in school, to prom until I turned the corner and saw that brad asked her. I felt my heart shatter when she hugged him with a huge smile on her face. She saw me and I hid the rose behind my back, giving her a soft smile. Even thought I knew it hurt, I knew I wouldn't be able to ask her anyways...

I turned around and ended up on the school track, I've been running for a good twenty minutes and have been getting more and more angry by the second. As I run around the track for the eighth time, I notice five figures by my stuff. I don't really pay attention because I have all my valuable items on me.

After running a good hour and a half around the track, I stop at the finish/starting line.

I bend over, gasping, and I see the five figures still by my stuff. Without looking over, I see from the corner of my eye that its lauren and her friends. I sigh and sit down on the track, still trying to calm my breathing. Soon I just lay down and groan, I hear small giggles and look over to see the five smiling at me.

"Hey girls, how long have you been here?" I ask with a small smile.

"Long enough to know that you must have legs of steel." dinah says which causes me to laugh.

"Hey camila, can hand me one of my water bottles?" I ask as I get up and walk over. She smiles and hands me one, I thank her.

As I chug the whole thing and throw it in the trash, I walk back over to the finish/starting line and get into running position.

"Your going to run again?" asks Lauren with a concerned tone which causes me to look at her curiously.

"Yeah, is that ok?" I ask.

"Of course! Its just I don't want you to hurt yourself" she says with a soft smile. Her kindness makes me blush, and I give her a goofy grin which causes her to giggle that adorable giggle of hers.

I wink at her and turn back to the track but before I can start running she asks a question.

"Why do you run?"

"Huh?" I look over at her.

"Well at least once a week when we're walking to volleyball practice we catch you running as if your life depends on it and it concerns me because your not on track and I don't know anyone that does that for fun so..." she says looking down with a blush. I smile at her cuteness and walk over, squatting down in front of her. I chuckle which causes her to look at me with confusion.

"I admire your kindness but why does the queen of the school want to know about a geek like me?" I ask with a smile, she blushes and fiddles with her fingers.

"I just want to know more about you..."

Her words catch me off guard but I giggle.

"Anger and stress" I say while sitting down in front of them.

"What?" the five ask in harmony, I laugh and shake my head.

"You know how you do something to rid of stress or blow off steam?" The nod and realization hits them.

"So why are you running now?" ally asked, I get up and bend down into running position.

"Anger" I say simply and dash off.

As I'm running I hear footsteps behind me and a hand suddenly pulls me to a halt. I spin around and realize that its raining. Lauren is holding my jacket and hands it to me. Putting it on, I hear her speak.

"I know."

"What?"

"I know that you were going to ask me to prom"

I blush and rub the back of my neck.

"Yeah...I know your straight so I probably wouldn't have asked you anyways...sorry for probably embarrassing you." I look at her and see she is holding the rose I made for her. It is a rose with the words 'Prom?' on the petals.

"I wanted you to ask me.."

"I know your probably hate me- wait, what?"

"I wanted you to ask me...not bread- I mean brad.." I giggle at her 'slip-up' and smile.

"Why would you want a shy geek to take you to prom when you can have the captain of the football team?" I ask as I take off my jacket and wrap it around her after noticing she doesn't have one.

"Well the 'captain of the football team' doesn't treat me as if I'm the most precious thing in the world like you do... You hold doors open for me, you give me your jacket when I don't have one, and you give me butterflies in my stomach when your near..."

I was caught off guard but I looked at her blushing form, at first I thought she was joking.

"I told brad no, but when I explained to him who I wanted to go with, he completely understood and that's why I hugged him" she took one of my hands and watched as rain landed on it.

"When I saw you standing by the corner, my heart skipped a beat...but when I saw you hide that rose behind your back...my heart shattered, I knew what you thought was happening and I tried to run after you. When I got to the corner, you were gone and the girls and I knew exactly where to find you..." she smiles and hugs me which makes me smile widely.

"Well you girls knew where to find me because you were secretly stalking me on your way to volleyball practice." She gasps with a smile and playfully pushes my shoulder, which causes me to laugh.

I hold out my hand and she takes it kindly while starting to walk with me. As I was about to speak I hear dinah and normani yelling.

"WE SHIP YOU LIKE FEDEX!" I giggle as lauren turns a bright red. I squeeze her hand and she leans into me.

"Will you go to prom with me?" I ask and a huge smile appears on her face.

"I would love to" As we walk back over to the girls they smile at us and I nod at them. They squeal and hug lauren and I, until they realize I'm soaking wet from the rain and instantly step back. I chuckle while walking with girls to my car. Before I'm about to get in after saying goodbye I feel someone tap my shoulder, I turn around and feel something soft hit my lips. I blush at the contact but was soon interrupted by lauren handing me my jacket. I give it back to her and she looks at me confused.

"Keep it, it looks better on you than it ever did on me." I smile and wink at her, I was about to get into my car, when I get a sudden burst of courage and I kiss her. She is dazed for a moment but soon kisses back. After a minute I pull back for air and give her a wink.

"See you tomorrow green eyes" I get into my car and drive way with a huge smile on her face and mine.

Who knew running could bring me closer to someone?