Chapter 91

If you’re reading this chapter, I’m quite positive you like the book. ;) Otherwise, why would you read so many chapters?

If you didn’t buy the book yet, you definitely should! It has new and exciting scenes, no more stupid mistakes, and the entire thing was edited & polished.

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

========

“Only four more witnesses to go,” Mr. Yielding announced after what felt like hours of listening to people talking.

Rennor and Ginger had just been up to testify. They had told exactly what had happened, going into detail about the part where Eros and I had been running around with guns. The United Board had looked not-so-amused, so I was guessing my cross-examination was going to be loads of fun…

Mr. Combright had also been questioned already, and he had told the United Board exactly what I had expected him to: that he had been looking out for his students and that he had taken every possible precautionary measure, including making sure no bullets would be involved. When the witch confronted him with the fact that many students had testified to him saying that he indeed wanted to isolate the school from the human society, he just said: “The United Board was very much aware of my feelings about the supernatural and the human world merging. You did not seem to mind when I was appointed as a teacher here, so I do not see why my opinions should matter now. I did nothing to endanger my students. You may think I acted wrongly, but I stand by my actions, even if they will get me fired.”

Mr. C actually made me respect him a little. He might be awful, but at least he took full responsibly, unlike the other board members. Unlike Mrs. Ibsch, Principal Ottoman and Mr. Crowley, who had all denied wanting to use humans as a food source.

Antwan, Will, Carl, Angie, Georgia, Milford, Sam, Eve and Corey had all told their side of the story. No news there – just more of what we had heard already. The students were getting restless and even the teachers were worn. We had been here for over three hours, so I could not even blame Dylan when he complained out loud about having to pee badly. It actually made me smile a little.

“I now call Demona Hollow to testify,” Mr. Yielding said, pushing his bushy hair back with an impatient hand. “Please step up.”

Feeling a bit skittish, I walked to the front and sat down at the table. When the old wolf got up from his seat, I groaned. Of course I had to get the hard-ass man while Simon had gotten away with a sweet fairy.

“So, we have heard much about you already,” the Asian werewolf said. “I believe that so far, you have been called complicated, stupid, strange, trigger-happy, always in the middle of everything and what was it… ah yes, a floozy.”

I grimaced. Complicated had been Simon obviously. Stupid had been Rennor when he described the events in the village, and Ginger had used the word trigger-happy. Antwan had said I always seemed to be in the middle of everything – which was true, of course. The last remark had been Dylan’s delightful description.

“In my defense,” I said, “complicated was used to describe my bond with Simon, not my character.”

Mr. Hui could not keep the left corner of his mouth from turning up ever so slightly. I was looking at his aura, so very raw and strong. For an older man, he seemed very sinewy.