Chapter 85

If you’re reading this chapter, I’m quite positive you like the book. ;) Otherwise, why would you read so many chapters?

If you didn’t buy the book yet, you definitely should! It has new and exciting scenes, no more stupid mistakes, and the entire thing was edited & polished.

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

========

God... I was crying while I wrote this chapter. Even though I knew this moment was coming for weeks, I've been dreading it so much... I guess I've been putting it off, but I just couldn't do it anymore. This needed to happen. I feel sad about it, but I'm not sure what you guys will think. Some of you will surely be pissed at me, but this needed to happen. Some of you will be glad, I guess, we'll see. Let me know!

===========

Demona’s point of view

When Eros had pulled me into the forest far enough for us to be invisible for the others, we stopped walking. I pulled up my walls so I could shut Simon out. He was hurt and angry and sad… I just couldn’t deal with it, not in the state I was in.

Eros put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. “You’ll be fine, I promise.”

I shut my eyes and focused on his hand, on the warmth that was coming off of him. I could feel the energy pulsating around him, and when I opened my eyes I could see his beautiful black aura, flaring bright red right now, flames dancing all around him.

At last, I managed to get my fangs back to their normal size and I sighed in relief. Eros looked cheerful now, beaming at me.

“I told you it would be fine!” He moved his hand from my shoulder to my face, caressing my cheek.

I felt electricity crackling all around us, so intense that I could hardly breathe anymore. Last night with Simon had been extremely passionate, but I felt that same way now, with just Eros’ hand on my face. With him, everything seemed magnified at least ten times.

Suddenly, we were kissing, our arms around each other. Eros pushed me against a nearby tree and moved to my neck, pressing kisses everywhere he could.

“Oh God…” I breathed, trying to gather my thoughts. I could not seriously be doing this right now – this wasn’t right, no matter how wonderful it felt to have his hands on me…

“No!” I said forcefully, pushing Eros off. “I can’t do this.”

He was breathing heavily, his eyes wide with excitement. “What? Oh, Dem, you can’t be serious right now! You don’t belong with Simon!”

I nodded slowly – maybe he was right. Maybe the reason everything with Simon was always so messed up was simply because we didn’t fit as boyfriend and girlfriend. But I couldn’t decide on that in a split second, kissing in the woods with the bloodlust still there in my body, sure to show its ugly head again soon.

“I think I need to break up with him,” I mumbled, more to myself than to Eros. “Oh God, what a mess.”

“Really?” A wicked grin lit up Eros’ entire face. “You’re going to break up with him?” His hands were on me again, one in my hair and one cupping my face.