Chapter 74

Have you bought a copy of this book yet? A real, printed book that you can take everywhere with you, lend to your friends…

No???!!

SHAME ON YOU.

Go and order yourself a copy!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

If you DID buy a copy, I will be forever grateful. :) Please tell me what you thought of the book!

========

 My life was perfect. Simon and I were finally back to normal. His glow was permanently purple and he and Eros were really getting along great. Training with Sam and Milford was just fine, the witches had found a glitch in one of the dome curses and were working on a counter spell. My grades were okay, I’d been texting a lot with Anne and my other friends from back home and last but not least… Simon and my mom got along great. We’d meet up for lunch and it had been a huge success. They’d bonded over all the weird stuff I’d ever done and Simon had even gotten an invitation to stay with us during summer vacation – which was months away.

Yes, my life was perfect. There was nothing left to wish for. The only thing left to do was the confrontation with the school board on the night of the full moon. We’d had a meeting with Mr. Combright and all the students except for the wolves to think of a plan to get everyone inside. Later today we were meeting Rennor and Ginger to speak over a few things we’d discusses last meeting. So yes, even the meetings were going fine and the plan was developing speedily.

And yet… even though my life was wonderful, I still felt off. I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t find something to fret over, right? Well, I had.

Ever since I’d admitted to both Simon and my mother that I had feelings for Eros, I couldn’t help but look at him differently. Simon and I were counting very much on those feelings to go away eventually, but so far that wasn’t happening. Eros was so sweet and calm, do different from how he used to be… He was the perfect friend to both me and Simon and I had no idea how to deal with that. I almost found myself wishing he’d do something bad, just so that I could dislike him like I had months earlier.

I found myself thinking about the way his lips had felt on mine. Not just the night of the test, but also the times before that. Christmas Karaoke, the night of the dance… I recalled the time he’d sprung me when I’d been in detention and the time we’d painted Mr. Hammerhead’s office. But most of all, I thought about the way I felt when he touched me now. He was never overstepping his boundaries, but even the lightest touch on my arm, the slightest ruffling of my hair… It made me wonder how I’d feel if I’d just let myself. Simon was always tuned into me, registering my every move. He seemed happy and very much in love with me, but I made sure to keep my feeling for Eros in check, which was very exhausting.

I was happy with Simon, I really was, but that didn’t change the fact that the feelings for Eros kept lingering, refusing to be replaced with even more love for Simon. My sweet boyfriend had decided to trust me again and he wasn’t worried about me and Eros, but I sure as hell was. How could I keep being with Simon if I liked Eros? Should I tell Eros, or would that be even more cruel than denying I was feeling anything?